Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

Bigger isn't always better. I subscribe to the French ideal. Here's an old quote:

In France the perfect breast will fill a champagne glass, in America the perfect breast can plug a toilet. Posted Image

People were poking fun at Piper Perabo's chest after she went topless for Looper.

Bigger isn't always better. I subscribe to the French ideal. Here's an old quote:

In France the perfect breast will fill a champagne glass, in America the perfect breast can plug a toilet. Posted Image

The French like their young girls, apparently. Boobs are one sign of maturity.

Emma's turn in The Help doesn't seem as impressive cos she's overshadowed by about 4 or 5 others from the cast.

I was about to say just that. Her role was the least meaty of the whole cast. 

So you guys just proved my point ... 

She still had a couple of great moments. Also, she is supposedly superb in Paper Man, where the character is more flawed and more complex than her usual fare. I will watch that movie in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

Crimson Peak 'Shockingly Different' for Guillermo del Toro

Crimson Peak' is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven. It's an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I've done in the English language. Normally, when I go to do a movie in America for the spectacle and younger audience, for 'Blade' or whatever. This movie's tone is scary and it's the first time I get to do a movie more akin to what I do in the Spanish movies.

The thing I do in those movies is recontextualization, take a movie and then move it into a completely different place. Like a Gothic and then move it into the Spanish Civil War ['The Devil's Backbone']. This is a Gothic romance, haunted house, in the north of England.

The house is looking great. We started scouting two months ago and are deep into the design and it looks fabulous. Obviously, I'm going to buy a lot of the props.

Has moments that are very visceral, physical violence. You're in this sort of sedate romance and then there is this brutal moment where you're like, "Whoa!" And it has a lot of kinky moments. The only kinky moment I've ever shot is the leg f**k in 'The Devil's Backbone.' [laughs] This has a little more kinkiness than that.

Crimson has Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska, Benedict Cumberbatch, Charlie Hunnam, and an actor I admired that I saw on Justified and Deadwood, Jim Beaver—amazing actor.  There’s some casting
, Burn Gorman from
Pacific Rim is coming in and doing a cameo.  But basically what it is is a really, really, almost classical gothic romance ghost story, but then it has two or three scenes that are really, really disturbing in a very, very modern way.  Very, very disturbing, it’s a proper R rating.  And it’s adult. It’s my first adult movie in the English language.  Normally I wanted to divide my more adult work for Spanish-language, and my more sort of youth-oriented or fun genre stuff in English.  This is the first time I’m gonna try to do an adult R-rated movie in the English language.

Crimson shoots rather fast for my standards, in 70 days.  Hellboy took 135 days, Pacific Rim 103.  I normally don’t shoot any shorter than that.  Cronos was 40 days, The Strain is gonna be 20 days [for the pilot].  I’m going from a much larger format to a smaller format, different vibe.  I think that when we finish Crimson, it seems like the next movie is already ready after Crimson.  I won’t announce it because we have not closed, but it looks like the next one’s gonna go right away.

http://collider.com/the-strain-crimson-peak-news-guillermo-del-toro/

Could be Mountains.

Edited by Neo