Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

As someone who is somewhat indifferent to the movie, outside of the score and costumes, I'm not convinced people hated the first. I think people saw it, had a decent or passable 100 minutes, then never really gave it much thought afterwards.

Obviously a mama drop is in store, but I think it has a lot more to the fact that a sequel is completely redundant, like a DTV Disney movie theatrically released. 50% is mixed on RT and it's even fresh with top critics.

• Like 1

6,5 @ IMDB is imo a really bad score for a "newer" movie. This movie will only succeed if there is no real contenter like a animation movie aimed at kids.

IMDB scores are useless.

The audience that saw this film, apparently actually liked it, but making a sequel is asking for a drop in box office.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

How do you determine wether the audience liked it, if not with a public rating system?

Legs.

Alice in Wonderland did well enough, and had good enough legs that Disney could consider a sequel.

But a sequel seems really unnecessary regardless (most sequels do).

Edited by Fancyarcher

I think a lot of people have convinced themselves that AIW was a really, really terrible movie when it wasn't. AIW2 is not going to make 300 million obviously but $200 million can still happen if this movie is good enough.

Clash of the Titans to Wrath of the Titans is a perfect comparison for AiW2.

I know actors like Depp and Eddie Murphy want to make films of their own that their kids can watch but at some point you would think enough. The problem is they have nobody in their ear telling them no.

Depp doesn't want to make films for his children, he's just greedy.

He turned out that Whitey Bulger project because he wouldn't get paid 20 million.

Edited by Fancyarcher