Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

I have no doubt this is going to move away from X-Men

I actually do. Disney got the date first and still hasn't moved after all these months. Plus, Disney is stubborn and can afford having this lose some money due to competition as they have a million other franchises anyway. X-Men, on the other hand, is one of the biggest franchises Fox has and they certainly want Apocalypse to do as well as possible. It may well be X-Men that moves away.
  • Like 1

I actually do. Disney got the date first and still hasn't moved after all these months. Plus, Disney is stubborn and can afford having this lose some money due to competition as they have a million other franchises anyway. X-Men, on the other hand, is one of the biggest franchises Fox has and they certainly want Apocalypse to do as well as possible. It may well be X-Men that moves away.

What if Disney moves this to March 25th in hopes of hurting BvS...  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Yea I have to agree with you. Disney didn't budge when WB had BVS on the same date as Cap 3. Unfortunately I don't really know where Fox could put X-men. 

• Like 1

I think the absolute BEST case scenario is a drop equal to that of HTTYD2 (greatly reduced 3D share, long time gap, moved from spring to summer). HTTYD2's gross drop from HTTYD1 is going to end up around 20-21%, which applied to Alice 1 would give Alice 2 a final total of $264-267M.I think the Clash-to-Wrath drop, which would yield a $170M total, is the WORST case scenario. It's more likely to finish at some middle ground - the mean of the hypothetical Clash-to-Wrath drop total and HTTYD1-to-HTTYD2 drop total comes to $217-218M.Then again, being up against X-Men suggests a Kung Fu Panda 2 or Hangover III scenario, so missing $200M is a possibility.

My predict is 210M.

It was the beginning of the end for 3D (months after the revolution started).  They really botched the 3D conversion.

The beginning of the end for 3D was post-Clash of the Titans. When Alice came out 3D was at an all time high thanks to Avatar.

• Like 1