Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

Lol :lol: Still sucks. And just by the title most people won't recognize it as a sequel. It is gonna bomb anyway so it doesn't matter.

Edited by CJohn

If Disney can make it clear that Oz: The Great and Powerful was a prequel to Wizard of Oz then this title with a returning cast is a walk in the park.

Really? As soon I would read Oz: The Great and Powerful I would connect it with the Wizard of Oz. I wouldn't do that with Alice Through the Looking Glass. I am sorry but the books don't exist over here. I had no idea the book sequel had that name. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I didn't even know there was a sequel to Alice in Wonderland (the book).

Oz: The Great and Powerful is very clearly related to Wizard of Oz. There's only one Oz, but Alice could be anyone. :P

Anyway in trailers/posters/marketing it will be obvious that this is Alice in Wonderland, so I don't even know why you are arguing.

• Like 1

Really? As soon I would read Oz: The Great and Powerful I would connect it with the Wizard of Oz. I wouldn't do that with Alice Through the Looking Glass. I am sorry but the books don't exist over here. I had no idea the book sequel had that name. 

When you see a TV spot or poster with Mia or Johnny on it and then see 'Alice' on the title everyone will know what it is.

Was looking up the 3D share of AiW, and here is what BOM says

Around 70 percent or over $80 million of Alice in Wonderland's opening was viewed through the 3D looking glass

With 3D shares hovering around 40-45% nowadays, that takes out almost 30M from the OW even if the exact same number of people go to watch it. Around 80-85M is where the OW target should have been, but opening against X-Men:Apocalypse is foolish. I would say 50M over the Memorial day weekend, basically acting like the Hangover 3 to X-Men's Fast 6.

• Like 1

When you see a TV spot or poster with Mia or Johnny on it and then see 'Alice' on the title everyone will know what it is.

That I agree. I was talking about the title only. 

• Like 1

Alice In Wonderland Series: Through the Looking Glass

Much better

That I agree. I was talking about the title only. 

I think the title is irrelevant when Disney is obviously gonna throw together an overwhelmingly aggressive marketing campaign reminding everyone it's a sequel to Alice in Wonderland.

Plus I quite like the title. Much more creative than Alice in Wonderland 2 and simpler than Alice in Wonderland 2: Through the Looking Glass.

I didn't even know there was a sequel to Alice in Wonderland (the book).

Go read it. It's really short, both books, and they're unbelievably awesome. Jabberwocky 'poem' is most linguistically brainmelting thing I ever seen.

• Like 1