Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

No I don't not when he says I must be dumb for putting tdkr as my number 1 film. It's my opinion man. I said both were good movies avengers made more money. Good. Lets move on but he won't.

Well then dumbass, maybe you should think about changing your number 1 film ;)

Foremost, Batman in his prime happened mostly off-screen (between BB and TDK) and 5 minutes at the beginning of TDK. Too little for my taste.

I never said cocky equal fully fit. At one point, I said he could be cocky AND be shown with a quite bruised body after the TDK events without 8 years of moping in his manor. that's my problem. That moping part took too much time in the movie.

In what possible universe could batman possibly be cocky, both with the failings at the end of TDK and with a bruised and battered body? Seriously, your idea simply does not work on a plain story telling level let alone before we discuss whether it fits the themes than Nolan wanted to explore.

Still not getting how Bane was a pawn either.

His need to be Batman was stubborn and selfish despite the odds being against him...That's what I call cockiness. And that could have been explainable without the 8 years mopey Wayne that let his firm and his body falling apart like a poor man's Howard Hughes (It's glaring, Nolan was more obsessed in driving that point home even if it's repetitive with the second fall), does not give one flying f*ck about Gotham anymore. (At least, he would have a clue about Bane's agenda, you know he's supposed to be the "world's greatest detective" not "the greatest whiney and mopey billionnaire").

Emphatize the fact, at the beginning of TDKR, that Rachel's loss drove him in a frenzy madness that pushed him to the edge as donning the cowl every night despite Dent's act, making him a real borderline vigilante on the verge of being a martyr with Joker's words haunting him, (a enemy to the last remaining gangs and to Gotham Police department) that Bane's irresistible force comes to arrest at the time he feels the most exhausted in his insanity and drops him in misery, learning to get over his fear of loss and aim his anger. That's a more compelling story than Wayne already repelling himself in misery at the beginning of the movie, you lose all that fat.

Edited by dashrendar44

You can't ban BKB.He was the only one that was that perdicted TA and TDKR acurately, lol! About TA vs TDKR opinions.TA...Mostly you here its a blast! or some people say the story was not that great.With TDKR, you hear some say it was amazing but everyone I know says it was big step down from TDK.

You can't ban BKB.

He was the only one that was that perdicted TA and TDKR acurately, lol!

About TA vs TDKR opinions.

TA...Mostly you here its a blast! or some people say the story was not that great.

With TDKR, you hear some say it was amazing but everyone I know says it was big step down from TDK.

TDK bar was really really high...so a step down isnt too bad for a film considering ;)

I'm not going to go back and read every page, but if you are going to open a thread like this and then get mad at people like BKB and others for telling why they hate the film, then it's your own fault for opening it in the first place.http://www.mindpollution.org/2012/07/25/the-dark-knight-rises-problems/

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator
That list is ridiculous, IMHO. (Hopefully I'm not offending anyone here that wrote it.) :lol:I kinda get the point about Selina and the Batpod, but a huge chunk of the list can be debunked with basic "movie logic" or written off as resulting from a lazy memory for dialogue and/or plot points on the part of the writer. His #2 point alone says nothing more than that he can't relate to Bruce's character motivations. Just because someone can't relate to a character doesn't mean the actions don't make sense. He has a right to not sympathize, but the storytelling structure of it is completely and utterly sound under the presumption that Bruce Wayne...you know, has a heart.And I don't say its ridiculous because it lacks fair points, but because the general purpose of it seems to imply that The Dark Knight - and a lot of other movies - don't have enough logical flaws to drive someone on the Internet to make a list about them. They do. Nearly every movie does.Rises, for some reason, has polarized people who didn't get what they expected. It happens with every big phenomenon in movies (or books, or music) because, especially in this day and age, everyone with a computer has an opinion. They're in the minority, but this is really no different than what happened with Return of the Jedi. Was it as widely well liked as Empire Strikes Back? Nope. But it was pretty darn well liked still. The same is the case with Rises. Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 6

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60219

Here's Capone's Top 50 List.. That's ALOT of movies to view in the course of a year, but interesting how this is the 2nd list I've seen of Top films without so much as a mention of TDKR: A movie that's supposedly so well received by critics and whatnot and even more surprising is how the Talkback hasn't lynched him yet for excluding the movie off the list.. :thinking:

Why is that interesting? Not everybody loves it, doesn't mean everybody hates it.

The Avengers was voted most overrated movie of 2012 by the readers of LA Times. Doesn't mean its a fact, does it?

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Its (falsely) "cool" for elitists and extreme fan boys to dislike popular things once they become too popular, and Nolan's movies are included in that now. That's the culture we've been in living in for close to a decade (or more) now because of rabid anti-fans who represent a minority, but the voices of dissension are always the loudest which makes the Internet such a prime breeding ground for the anti-fans.Are there crazy Nolan fans? Yep. But there's equally as many people who painted a target on the film's back long before ever seeing it and to ignore that lacks any perspective in the grand scheme of things. Not just in this forum, but everywhere. Because its "cool" to go against the grain, and these "anti-fans" on both sides of the fence have nothing better to do in life but tear down things that a lot of people like.It's sick, really. This whole movie vs. movie thing gives a bad name to film fans.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2