Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

i agree they are not plot holes. But they did serve a purpose. Every plot device has been explained numerous times; its reason and consequence. If it wasnt, well its not that hard to piece it altogether.Just a few people going on and on about this. They just not satisfied with the answers because they dont care. Simple as that.

Uhhh...NO! You can't explain how you fix someone's back by hanging them upside down and then punching them in the back. You can't explain why every cop goes into the sewer. You can't explain why Bruce can find Selina in the middle of the city, but he can't find Luscious. You can't explain how Batman had all day to drop gasoline down the side of a building without anyone seeing him. You can't explain why the stock market would allow any of the trades to go through after they were compromised. You can't explain why Miranda didn't just kill Bruce when they were having sex. You can't explain why Bruce didn't just punch Bane in the face in their first fight. You can't explain why a city would get completely ignored by teh US government just because someone says they have a bomb.Like the film all you want, love for all I care. But don't say there were plot holes the size of the Grand Canyon in the movie.
  • Like 2

Geez baumer, its a comic book movie, not The Godfather. ;)

So what you are saying is that because it is a comic book movie it does not need to be accountable for a terrible script?

So what you are saying is that because it is a comic book movie it does not need to be accountable for a terrible script?

No, but I'm saying maybe your expectations were a bit high. Half of the things you mention are nitpicks. TDK had plot holes as well, a bunch of them. And I think if you search for them and put a movie under a microscope, you'll find them in most movies. Edited by Don Niam The Stingray
  • Like 2

true but if you enjoyed the film or if the film pleased you...you overlook the plot points...Also if the plot points do not directly effect the film much in terms of its level of entertainment, the plot points do not matter...However, in the case of TDKR the plot points negatively effected the film and reducded the entertaining value of this film...

• Like 1

true but if you enjoyed the film or if the film pleased you...you overlook the plot points...Also if the plot points do not directly effect the film much in terms of its level of entertainment, the plot points do not matter...However, in the case of TDKR the plot points negatively effected the film and reducded the entertaining value of this film...

To each his own, I guess.But the plot holes in TDK pissed me off more than the ones in TDKR.

For example...The Avengers had a lot of plot points that did not make sense or a rather lacking story...However the film was sold to be fun and it was fun... so people did not mind...Hm with Inception, some of the plot points did not make sense but in the end the whole idea was interesting and cool that the plot points made us even more curious about the film's story.

Uhhh...NO! You can't explain how you fix someone's back by hanging them upside down and then punching them in the back. You can't explain why every cop goes into the sewer. You can't explain why Bruce can find Selina in the middle of the city, but he can't find Luscious. You can't explain how Batman had all day to drop gasoline down the side of a building without anyone seeing him. You can't explain why the stock market would allow any of the trades to go through after they were compromised. You can't explain why Miranda didn't just kill Bruce when they were having sex. You can't explain why Bruce didn't just punch Bane in the face in their first fight. You can't explain why a city would get completely ignored by teh US government just because someone says they have a bomb.

Like the film all you want, love for all I care. But don't say there were plot holes the size of the Grand Canyon in the movie.

The back issue: Look its a CBM so ofcourse its going to have some fantastical ideas. Perhaps it was a lesser injury. So, it’s probably best to just assume that Bane didn’t necessarily break Batman’s back, but displaced a vertebrae or caused some lesser injury. At the end of the day, you have to suspend belief a little here, and appreciate that we got some awesome fan service and one hell of a fight scene in return for removing a little believability. Even though nearly five months have passed by the time Bruce returns to Gotham, it’s still impossible to recover from a broken back in that time – not one to dwell on really.

about finding selina but not lucius: perhaps he just bumped into her first??

about the gasoline without anyone seeing him: he is a trained ninja...being invisible is what they do. It was great scene to give the people of gotham hope. Dont see the issue here. Who wants to see batman dangling on a rope throwing gasoiline on a bridge?

About the stock market: well they explained that it will take time to prove fraud. But also the city was taken over straight after, so what time did Bruce/Lucious have file the paperwork?? Its a weak answer i agree but its all i got.

Miranda killing bruce: she wanted to get laid. Also their plan was to punish bruce, to see him fail wheres the logic in killing him straight away. Which movie would do that?

banes mask: Bruce was punching him in the face in the first fight. it took the hooks on his wrist to snap nose pipes off. Something he didnt use in the first fight and barely had time to as he got his ass handed to him.

government issue: the government had readings of a nuclear bomb being detected. i would stay the fuck away too:) Would have expected some more rescue missions etc but then what would batman have left to do?

Also before someone else throws the ice issue: In Batman Begins, Bruce is trained how to fight on the ice, and it’s pretty clear that Nolan is mirroring that origin story in TDKR – Batman needs all the strengths he’s gained in this final chapter. So, perhaps, Batman has some serious ice skills, and is able to walk across with some ease – he “pays attention to his surroundings” Also, Gordon never gets as far across the river as the earlier victims did, and since the winter weather is probably colder, it’s also safe to say that the ice would be considerably thicker nearer the river’s edge.

• Like 1

But this isn't a thread about Twilight.

Baumer mate you can read articles that bloggers have written to answer these arguments of yours. But there will always be people who just wont accept it. Its fine, but the answers are there. you dont have to be a genius to figure them out. Some movies people can never like, no matter how many times they watch it. Like for me its twilight. I think no matter how many times somebody justifies it to me, it will always be a god damn shit of a movie. I find it insulting....*rushes to 'most insulting films to society thread'*

The title of the thread is borderline insulting. It got a much more polarized reaction from some of the diehard fans, but there is no doubt that it got a strong response from the general public (not quite as strong as TDK but still strong). I still prefer TDKR over TDK even though the latter has better editing and the story flows more smoothly. I very much preferred the characterization in TDKR as well as the climax. Plus, Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle was absolutely brilliant (I enjoy her a little more than Heath in TDK and that's saying A LOT).

• Like 3

Yet you will accept the stupidity of other films that you love Baumer? Did you even watch Transformers 2? It had plot inconsistency's every other second!You are simply not consistent with your criticisms.And you can't explain that.

I think it is because people keep saying how "realistic" and "how it can take place in real life" Nolan's Batman movies are, so silly moments really stick out much more so than obvious fantasy movies
  • Like 1