Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

But it was clear that The AVENGERS wasn't trying to take itself so seriously like Nolan's Batuniverse alludes to and TDKR just had so many implausibilities for a movie supposed to be so real, that it received a free pass cause of Nolan's name being attached to it and if it were truly anyone else making this, it would've been shot down in a hail of gunfire..

That's not the point...tentpoles like TA or TDKR can have plotholes or plot devices. They're made for the audiences enjoyment. I don't give a crap how dark your movie tries to be, when your main character dresses up in a Batsuit, there's no way you can allude super close to reality. Edited by Alpha

People have used some really petty arguments to hate on TDKR such as the gasoline, how he got to Gotham, the back cure etc. etc. none of these bothered me, but what people rarely mention is the ending. It leads us up to this big climax showing us Batman in his batwing 'whilst' he flies past a building holding the nuke then seconds later we see him over sea, he's still in the cockpit and it blows making us believe he's dead. That's a good idea, but to then fuck with the audience by hinting that he had the auto pilot on, therefore he wasn't present whilst the nuke went off was just insulting as we clearly saw there was no way that could work. It seemed as if Nolan had a good idea but couldn't be bothered to execute it properly so just threw that little twist in their without explaining 'how' simply because it was practically impossible. That's to me was a major cop-out and almost ruined the film for me. It was the climax to Nolans epic trilogy, and he ended it with pure laziness.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

No one ever mentions the worst part of TDKR. The WORST part. "So, you came back to fight for your city?" "NO. I CAME BACK TO STOP YOU." *Commence bad fight choreography. Seriously, the sewer fight is SO much better than this.*

• Like 1

No one ever mentions the worst part of TDKR. The WORST part. "So, you came back to fight for your city?" "NO. I CAME BACK TO STOP YOU." *Commence bad fight choreography. Seriously, the sewer fight is SO much better than this.*

That dialogue was the worst in the whole trilogy. Was so cheesy. Ill admit to it. I still can't get over it. That dialogue and miranda tates death scene are all I have gripes with in the movie. Also the whole police force in the sewer. That's it really.The end fight it think stood out at that pillar scene where bane just went nuts. Most memorable scene for everyone that I know who saw it. Edited by Omario

That dialogue was the worst in the whole trilogy. Was so cheesy. Ill admit to it. I still can't get over it. That dialogue and miranda tates death scene are all I have gripes with in the movie. Also the whole police force in the sewer. That's it really.

The end fight it think stood out at that pillar scene where bane just went nuts. Most memorable scene for everyone that I know who saw it.

That was basically just Tom Hardy showing off his mixed martial art skills, I wouldn't wanna fuck with that guy. Edited by Jessie

Well TDKR Plotholes or plot devices as you'd like to refer to them as, made the movie come off as illogical and boring to boot minus the title character who was barely in the movie.. As far as I'm concerned, this subject and the movie itself is DOA and it's time to move on and let this thread die a slow painful death... Clearly sides are drawn over this and no one will ever agree over this tripe so it's best to just bury it... :locked2:

They're not plot holes, they're plot devices.

Plus, TDKR gave us a study about the inequality of society, a very controversial topic in today's world.

TA was all about FUN!

How is that not a plot hole:Can you tell me when and how Bruce Wayne managed to set a gasoline fire on the bridge in the shape of the Bat (Ruining surprise effect, lame for a supposed trained ninja), randomly find Selina coming out of nowhere, save Gordon and Blake, put all of his legal affairs in order, leave detailed instructions and GPS coordinates to Blake in a bag at his lawyer's office and fix the Bat-symbol on the top of Gotham Central...When there's ONLY ONE DAY LEFT to save the day after he came back in Gotham?!!!

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Lol Miranda's plot twist was like...|Ahhh I am actually the Villain and the person who is a great Villian is a pawn and will now die a lame death and then I will die a lame death after speaking a bunch of lame lines ahhhhh"

• Like 2

Was it the writing? The acting? The story? Or even the shooting in Aurora? Why?

I quoted your post, so I made sure your dumbass knew exactly who I was referring too. The Dark Knight Rises is far from a perfect film, it is a big step down from The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises biggest problem is trying to incorporate too many characters into one film. I'm a big fan of both JGL and Marion Cotillard, but those characters should have been left out of the movie.They added nothing to the movie except making it a jumbled mess. Another big problem The Dark Knight Rises had was piss-poor writing when it came to Bane/Talia's reasoning for waiting to bomb Gotham City. Their goal was to destroy the city fulfilling Ras Al Ghul destiny. It made no sense to wait and blow up the city. The anarchy thing was dumb as well. Stop acting like The Dark Knight Rises was a perfect film. It was a good, not great film.
  • Like 1

Lol Miranda's plot twist was like...|Ahhh I am actually the Villain and the person who is a great Villian is a pawn and will now die a lame death and then I will die a lame death after speaking a bunch of lame lines ahhhhh"

Seriously, does anyone understand what a pawn is?If you want a batman villain that was a pawn, look at scarecrow in BB. Bane was in no way shape or form a pawn.
  • Like 1

I think the biggest problem with the movie is the lack of character development for Miranda. If she received the character development she needed then the twist would had worked better IMO.

I don't think there's a reason why the twist couldn't have come at the board meeting halfway through the movie. They can still have the slow knife scene at the end (which was very effective) but in terms of plot momentum it makes too much sense to introduce her earlier.

How is that not a plot hole:Can you tell me when and how Bruce Wayne managed to set a gasoline fire on the bridge in the shape of the Bat (Ruining surprise effect, lame for a supposed trained ninja), randomly find Selina coming out of nowhere, save Gordon and Blake, put all of his legal affairs in order, leave detailed instructions and GPS coordinates to Blake in a bag at his lawyer's office and fix the Bat-symbol on the top of Gotham Central...When there's ONLY ONE DAY LEFT to save the day after he came back in Gotham?!!!

Well timeframe was 20 days from his escape to meeting selina. Plenty of time to put things in order