iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

I wont say its a direct effect yet, but my area - typically VERY family driven - has been dead all day and night.

I have no doubt it played a hand. I just don't know by how much. Difference is the reviews have not been good overall, the marketing weak and it did $13M at midnight (a decent gross) but nothing pointing directly a buffo 3-day opening. Vastly different from what happend with The Dark Knight Rises.

People have lowered what they considered to be "good" big time. I predicted over 400 million(425-440), so anything lower than that is a fail to me.

Agreed. Said I was 100M off of my 480 WG predict when reviews came out and now it is looking where it will end up in the very best case.

The Movie theater incident killed the vibe completely to go see TDKR. The school incident should do little damage. BTW, this country is sick. Mexico is worse. I'm moving to Canada soon. Fuck this.

Just got back from watching the movie. As a fan of the book, I absolutely loved the movie. The worst part about the whole experience was that the theater was only half full. I wanted a packed theater!I'm honestly quite shocked at how low it has opened. Thankfully I thoroughly enjoyed the film, and to me that is more important than the millions of dollars it could have made.