iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Maybe because the movies that score really high tend to have good legs, and the ones that score terrible tend not to?

Have we ever done a systematic analysis of this? Because as far as I can tell there is zero correlation.

Have we ever done a systematic analysis of this? Because as far as I can tell there is zero correlation.

The terrible part is true 100% of the time, but the good score part isn't. Films that've found their niche like Twilight do well on cinemascore but still have shit legs.Kids films you can get a more accurate gauge with the cinemascore. A- is considered kinda bad and anything less means that your movie was probably shit. Kids films generally need an A cinemascore for good legs. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

There's been surprisingly little meltdowns for this big of a disaster.

Because most of us aren't crazy fanboys and understand this isn't a big disaster. (or that an OD of $35-38m is never enough to warrant stating a movie is a big disaster). Edited by FTF

The terrible part is true 100% of the time, but the good score part isn't. Films that've found their niche like Twilight do well on cinemascore but still have shit legs.Kids films you can get a more accurate gauge with the cinemascore. A- is considered kinda bad and anything less means that your movie was probably shit.

Cause Twilight is a fans drawing movie

Take a look at this list of movies that got an A+:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/15-movies-made-grade-a-222653#15All of them had very good legs, except for Noctis' beloved Potter that is! :lol:So yeah I'd say it's been historically a great indicator of legs for A and A+ movies. And most movies that score C or lower bomb.

Pic wouldn't come up for me...soz I edit the supreme commander's postz and it still not workz. :P Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

FYI on cinemascore.http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-cinemascore-matters-box-office-225563Anyway cinemascore for franchise movies are useless as fans make majority of OD audience(unless even they hate it then it will have horrible legs). But for original non franchise flicks we can use cinemascore as the gauge to predict legs.

• Like 4

What did Fake predict? I predicted 88m and even I am probably going to be over by a substantial amount.

I had it at 80-85M for a long time, below Skyfall's.http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/4953-the-hobbit-auj-under-rotk-ww-club/page__view__findpost__p__419475 But changed it to 95m after the first reactions were very positive and ShawnMR said his tracking suggest TDKR-level opening.Changed it back to 85m when RT rating slipped below 70%.
  • Like 1