iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

History of Saturday increases for Mid-December openers (from Friday excluding midnights) that opened on a Friday:

TPOH: 17.8%

Narnia 3: 17.7%

Narnia: 10.1%

SH2 : 10.0%

Tron Legacy: 7.3%

Oceans 12: 6.7%

TDTESS: 2.6%

IAL: 1.6%

These three are obviously the best comparisons. So for Saturday:

My prediction: 10%

Worst Case: 5%

Best Case: 15%

History of Sunday Drops (sorted by the date Sundays fell) for above movies:

Narnia (11/12): -32%

Narnia 3 (12/12): -37.9%

Oceans 12 (12/12): -44.8%

TDTESS (14/12): -41.7%

IAL (16/12): -36.3%

TPOH (17/12): -33.2%

SH2 (18/12): -29.7%

Tron Legacy (19/12): -23.6%

There is a clear trend that as Sundays move closer to holidays, Sunday drops become smaller.

My prediction: -35%

Best case: -30%

Worst Case: -40%

So

My prediction:

Fri: 37.5

Sat: 27.0

Sun: 17.5

Weekend: 82M

Best Case:

Sat: 28.0

Sun: 19.5

Weekend: 85M

Worst Case:

Sat: 26.0

Sun: 15.5

Weekend: 79M

• Like 3

Yeah, this makes me think that they know something that we don't.

Makes me think they all have lost it.(or maybe the midnights was only 7m and rest-of-Friday did 30m and they lied about midnights. :) ) Edited by Fake
  • Like 1

And speaking of extended editions...what in the world are they going to stick in the one for AUJ? Bilbo blowing his nose? Oh wait, they already covered that...

I had some ideas even while watching it.- Bilbo in the Shire, before the party. Such scenes were filmed, not a single one made the cut. Would be really nice to see him in the context of his homeland, interacting with other Hobbits, so we learn what it is he is leaving behind. In the theatrical cut, we're just told that he is very respectable, but we're not shown this in any way.- Riddles in the Dark: There were I think 4 riddles missing from the book; it's easily the best scene in the film and I wouldn't mind seeing every single riddle.- How did Gandalf get map and key?
  • Like 1

I had some ideas even while watching it.- Bilbo in the Shire, before the party. Such scenes were filmed, not a single one made the cut. Would be really nice to see him in the context of his homeland, interacting with other Hobbits, so we learn what it is he is leaving behind. In the theatrical cut, we're just told that he is very respectable, but we're not shown this in any way.- Riddles in the Dark: There were I think 4 riddles missing from the book; it's easily the best scene in the film and I wouldn't mind seeing every single riddle.- How did Gandalf get map and key?

Yes. Plus i don't know what some are talking about regarding bloat. While i had my issues, bloat was not it. In fact, it felt rushed in parts. More character moments please! Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

If this is expected to play like a family movie than it isn`t an awfully good news because there will be some direct comeptition. Such as Parental Guidance. Now OS movie goers may not care for Crystal/Midler combo but American do. A lot.

If this was 1992.
  • Like 1

Yes. Plus i don't know what some are talking about regarding bloat. While i had my issues, bloat was not it. In fact, it felt rushed in parts. More character moments please!

I wouldn't say "rushed" but those were really diverting 3 hours and over much sooner than expected. But only if you're a fan, I'll concede - H1 was obviously cut for fans, not critics.