filmnerdjamie

Monday Numbers (12/17)

I`d love to see that because that would make my TH Under BD2 prediction come true. I`d love Twihards to beat Ringers because arrogant Ringers were always fighting with Star wars fans and HP fans and didn`t think Twi would ever threaten Th`s BO. Now that twist would be amazing!

Couldn't care less about all that stuff. I do think it's amusing that TDKR's run was considered a big disappointment by people on here even though it made $448m despite a national tragedy happening during one of its midnight shows. If 448 is disappointing, what is 280 for Hobbit when a bunch of people on here were predicting it to be a lock for 400-450?
  • Like 6

No, I think 50% is about right, unless it ends up being more of a weekend movie. We don't really know that yet.

True, but this weekend, based off the 2007 weekend, is a little different than other weekends. Films seem to have decent to smaller Friday and Saturday increases and smaller Sunday decreases.

If it follows IAL's multiplier, it will make $280m. If that happens, the meltdown on here will be crazy.

I mean IAL could be a good reference for first week. Better reference than LOTR. We still do not know how it will hold.
  • Like 1

Couldn't care less about all that stuff. I do think it's amusing that TDKR's run was considered a big disappointment by people on here even though it made $448m despite a national tragedy happening during one of its midnight shows. If 448 is disappointing, what is 280 for Hobbit when a bunch of people on here were predicting it to be a lock for 400-450?

What is 280M?

If it misses 300, the reasons are very simple, or will be once it does. A) the weather has been unseasonably warm in the southern part of Eastern Canada and North Eastern USB) Football is very interesting this year...too many people staying home to watch football.C) Video game sales are through the roof, people would rather play video games than go see HobbitD) The Bourne Legacy and IA4 came out on DVD on Tuesday, muting the opening of HobbitE) Walmart is having a massive sale all of DecemberF) McDonalds has two can dine for $9.99G) Everyone is waiting for it to just come out on BRH) The Economy is badI) Lots of good Christmas specials on TVJ) Lots of people have to wash their hairAll valid excuses.
  • Like 10

If it misses 300, the reasons are very simple, or will be once it does. A) the weather has been unseasonably warm in the southern part of Eastern Canada and North Eastern US B) Football is very interesting this year...too many people staying home to watch football.C) Video game sales are through the roof, people would rather play video games than go see HobbitD) The Bourne Legacy and IA4 came out on DVD on Tuesday, muting the opening of HobbitE) Walmart is having a massive sale all of DecemberF) McDonalds has two can dine for $9.99G) Everyone is waiting for it to just come out on BRH) The Economy is badI) Lots of good Christmas specials on TVJ) Lots of people have to wash their hairAll valid excuses.

:lol: