filmnerdjamie

Tuesday Numbers (12/18)

It really is fun to watch the various factions arguing TH numbers.It keeps putting up middling daily numbers that aren't definitively good or bad so both sides get to use the exact same numbers as ammo.Monday dropped 60.8% to 7.738 mil, pretty much right in line with every other movie in the top 10, not good or bad.Tuesday goes up 1.5% to 7.855 and some are saying it's great because openers don't increase, while others are saying it's bad because it should have increased more, while the reality is right in the middle again as it's a completely "meh" number.I'm sure Wednesday will be more of the same whether it drops 10% or 20% (I think it'll be 16%)

It really is fun to watch the various factions arguing TH numbers.

Totlaly. It`s exact replica of TASM. About same critical reception, about same public interest, about same meh numbers and about same fractions looking for about same excuses that support their cause.

Only difference is, TASM at least had interesting people to discuss, The Situation Garfield,whether he and Emma are showmance like Robsten, etc. TH is complete bore in that department. Complete.It keeps putting up middling daily numbers that aren't definitively good or bad so both sides get to use the exact same numbers as ammo.Monday dropped 60.8% to 7.738 mil, pretty much right in line with every other movie in the top 10, not good or bad.Tuesday goes up 1.5% to 7.855 and some are saying it's great because openers don't increase, while others are saying it's bad because it should have increased more, while the reality is right in the middle again as it's a completely "meh" number.I'm sure Wednesday will be more of the same whether it drops 10% or 20% (I think it'll be 16%)

New day same fraction fight over again. Terrific fun, I suppose much more than the movie itself.

Next week between Mon and Tues it'll increase over 100% !

It, along with all movies, will plummet on Christmas and NY Eve. Then they will get huge bumps on both Christmas and NY Day. Ifit follows IAL it will be at about 4.8 mill come Christmas Eve and then about 10.5 for Christmas Day.

But if it follows FOTR it will be at about 7.7 for Christmas Day.

Yeah I checked the calendar before that bold ;-) prediction ! Hope its nearer IAL than FOTR

Yeah I checked the calendar before that bold ;-) prediction ! Hope its nearer IAL than FOTR

And I`m hoping for the other way around. I don`t want my infinitely superior FOTR to end up the lowest grosser just because inflation and 3D pushed inferior TH over.

How do you know you won't like TH better? :P

I know. FOTR is much closer to my sensibilities. I would have loved the sequels had it not been for unforgivable mistake that stained those movies so much I`ll never see them again because I believe that the stain will remain a flop if I`m strong enough not to see them.

I wish BD2 does $550m overseas...and then does an additional $50m in China for $600m. I know that won't happen, though. Probably a $550m finish WITH China. Still, phenomenal number.

BD2 over TH dom, OS and WW would make my day but one of those will be fine too.

And I`m hoping for the other way around. I don`t want my infinitely superior FOTR to end up the lowest grosser just because inflation and 3D pushed inferior TH over.

Seen them both and I agree FOTR much the better of the two, but TH still a good (if overlong) movie and if it doesn't make those numbers over Christmas they'll be so much negativity in these forums it'll put people off posting (and joining).I blame the Mayans !

Seen them both and I agree FOTR much the better of the two, but TH still a good (if overlong) movie and if it doesn't make those numbers over Christmas they'll be so much negativity in these forums it'll put people off posting (and joining).

if TH's run ends up somehow preventing more ringer activity around here, non rigners or lurkers who have been put off by ringer's attitude may join in. you lose some and get some.