Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

Maybe they need to rethink making two extra films?

Too late for that. But those films will likely have a more epic scope and more action. What they should do is tell Jackson to tighten the films up since one of the complaints seem to be that it drags or something. Hire an experienced editor or something Edited by John Marston

Maybe they need to rethink making two extra films?

Too late, and these 2 movies will be profitable.This movie is slow, not epic, according to many people..I didn't watch it, I love LOTR movies, but TH doesn't excite me at all.I'll watch the three of them in 2014, to have the complete adventure the same week.

Smaug will guarantee BO win.

No. Dragon is way overrated among its fans. If there`s no interest in TH above what`s been demonstrated now there won`t be more in the future, dragon or no dragon. He`s just one attraction amid uninteresting characters and plots.

I'll tell you why FOTR is miles better than the Hobbit. Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, Boromir, real live Orcs, real live fighting, danger....real danger....people die. I feared for the characters in the movie. I feared for no one in Hobbit. It was like they were all NEO fighting the billion Smiths....he was never in any danger because he is Neo, he is not going to croak. But FOTR present us with real danger and cgi was not as abundant. I connected with the characters. Besides Gollum , there wasn't one character I really connected with in Hobbit. FOTR is one of the best films ever made in my opinion, Hobbit is like Rocky V to all the other Rocky's.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 7

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!You called Boromir the name of that freakin stupid boring badly wigged knock off???????????????AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

LOL, Geek :P

I'll tell you why FOTR is miles better than the Hobbit. Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, Boromir, real live Orcs, real live fighting, danger....real danger....people die. I feared for the characters in the movie. I feared for no one in Hobbit. It was like they were all NEO fighting the billion Smiths....he was never in any danger because he is Neo, he is not going to croak. But FOTR present us with real danger and cgi was not as abundant. I connected with the characters. Besides Gollum , there wasn't one character I really connected with in Hobbit. FOTR is one of the best films ever made in my opinion, Hobbit is like Rocky V to all the other Rocky's.

Stop making sense !!!!
  • Like 1

To be fair, Bilbo was great (Martin Freeman brought his A game) and the theme of The Hobbit is something we can all relate to. Someone leaving home for the first time and learning to see there's a real world beyond his home. Unforunately, it's a prequel so we know he's gonna be OK and stretching this from one movie... to two... then to a trilogy was always a terrible idea. Few to none voiced that concerned. Many blindly followed Jackson into the fire. As The Futurist said, the signs were all there. Only a couple of us saw it from the start.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is about various races coming together to stop the end of the world. All because the courage of Frodo to stand up when no one else would ("Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"). And all because he wanted to save his home and most importantly his uncle Bilbo. You had three compelling leads you cared about; Frodo, Sam and Aragorn.

Once you tell the story of the Apacolypse and it ends with the world being saved and our three protagonists make it out OK, its hard to go backwards.

• Like 1

That is a fucking awful number for The Hobbit. People are busy with last minute shopping but that isn't enough to justify that drop! Monsters Inc 3D, The Guilt Trip bomb. This is 40 and Jack Reacher are still possible hits.

And 300M DOM is gone. I don't think it is possible anymore. I hope this makes WB wake up and make some epic marketing campaigns for The Hobbit 2 and 3.

Edited by CJohn

That is a fucking awful number for The Hobbit. People are busy with last minute shopping but that isn't enough to justify that drop! Monsters Inc 3D, The Guilt Trip bomb. This is 40 and Jack Reacher are still possible hits.

72 percent drop. Most likely a drop on par with 60 percent for the weekend, which would be a terrible number for Christmas.As of now, I have really yet to see TH break out like people expected it too.