baumer

Django Unchained

77 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I saw this yesterday morning. It's a good movie with some very good to great acting. Waltz was awesome as usual. Agree with some in here that the climax seemed to he more with him shooting Leo. I think that is why some may not he crazy with the rest of the film but either way, the movie was still good.B+

• Like 1

I hate the editing criticisms. Feel like people are just taking an easy cheap shot because Sally died and it gives them an excuse to pretend they are experts on editing ala Sasha Crone.

It's not nearly as tight as Tarantino's other movies, even just in scene-to-scene transitions. I don't think it's about Sally more than it's about getting the movie out on time.

I hate the editing criticisms. Feel like people are just taking an easy cheap shot because Sally died and it gives them an excuse to pretend they are experts on editing ala Sasha Crone.

To me the easiest place to spot the weak editing was the head-bag scene. It was so damn funny, but it went on just a bit too long and a joke was repeated.

Lmfao, this was one of the greatest theatrical experiences I've ever had, the crowd ate this shit up. The scene were the Klansmen are bitching about their head bags was easily some of the greatest shit ever put on film... my theater went completely ape shit during that. Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson were definitely the most memorable IMO. This was a huge step up from Inglorius Basterds, which I didn't really like.10/10

• Like 3

KKK is comedy gold and should become a classic. Complete brilliance and Don Johnson was divine.Plus the idea that they would bitch about holes that don`t fit is what could have happened for real but it`s also so off the wall idea. Perfection. Bravo, QT, you outdid yourself. Too bad Mark Lipstick Boal is winning the original script again. Not that anyone will quote ZDT like nobody quotes THL but whatever.

Edited by fishnets

Guys, I skimmed through your reviews and I can't freakin' wait to watch it. "Unchained"( :wub: ) and Bacalov's Django (title song and La Corsa) tracks are playing non stop on my laptop right now, hope their use in the movie is as badass as the tracks suggest!

Edited by dashrendar44

I love that QT used Tom (Luke Duke) Wopat in his film. I love that he gives all these once famous people a role in his films. I loooove that about him.

Ditto. And he always gets great perforemnces from them. Don Johnson, Darryll Hannah, Carradine, just to name a few. He isn`t into BBC Z List thank goodness. Which is why acting in his movies is always top notch.
  • Like 1

I'd say it's not among the top 3 and best of what Tarantino has to offer, but when it comes down to it............this is still vintage Tarantino.You have the Tarantino trademarks of larger than life setting and characters, distinct style, and of course the always dependable score. I thought Foxx did enough, but in large part the film belonged to the trio of Waltz, SLJ, and DiCaprio.There are some uneven parts in the film uncharacteristic of Tarantino, but in large part those are saved by the high points. All in all, I found it to be a must-see for all Tarantino fans despite not being among the best he has to offer.Will wait a couple days on grade like all Tarantino films, but will definitely fall somewhere in the Top 5-10 for the year.

• Like 2

I mostly agree, though I think some of the less even elements will work better for me in repeat viewings, as they do for most of his films. It's not Tarantino's best movie but it has everything I love about Tarantino in it.

• Like 4

I don't think anything QT does will top Pulp Fiction to me. That has a special place in my top ten films of all time. But this is easily as good as or better than IB for second spot on his best list.

• Like 1