baumer

Tues Numbers RTH (NYD and Cheap Tues make for big bump)

Well, Django has 78 mill already. Lets extrapolate just a bit.Wed: 6.0 (-36%)Thurs: 5.5 (-7%)Frid: 13.75 (+150%)Sat: 17.8 (+30%)Sun: 10.2 (-39%)131 at this point. 150 seems like a very good bet.

Wednesday drop should be around 60% IMO.

Am I the only one happy to see the Jack Reacher #?Despite not getting the fanboy love it seems to be holding it's own by not entirely vanishing amid the other 3 heavy hitters.I wonder what the studio would like to see in order to move ahead on another JR film?

• Like 2

DU had an awful drop Monday and an equally impressive surge Tuesday - either there's something wrong with those numbers or Django has a really unique target demo. Inglourious Basterds always dropped hard on Mondays but without the rebound.

The number for TH1 is only 700k lower than FotR pon the same day (Jan 1st) - impressive if true, TH1 still leads with 64mil.

Am I the only one happy to see the Jack Reacher #?Despite not getting the fanboy love it seems to be holding it's own by not entirely vanishing amid the other 3 heavy hitters.I wonder what the studio would like to see in order to move ahead on another JR film?

Maybe they'll make another one if this is profitable enough. It'll make around $75M-$80M Domestic and the OS gross should be somewhere around, too... It will be profitable, but enough?

Wow... Django's amazing. That's really a surprise.Django is at 78M, ahead of Inglorious Basterds by $18M.

Not too big of a surprise. It got hit hard on New Year's Eve because a lot of adults are busy partying. The types of adults who would go to a movie on New Year's Eve are more likely to have kids dragging them to see something.

DU had an awful drop Monday and an equally impressive surge Tuesday - either there's something wrong with those numbers or Django has a really unique target demo.

I certianly hope there`s nothing wrong with the number but I`m not holding my breath. When are actuals expected?

DU had an awful drop Monday and an equally impressive surge Tuesday - either there's something wrong with those numbers or Django has a really unique target demo. Inglourious Basterds always dropped hard on Mondays but without the rebound.

The number for TH1 is only 700k lower than FotR pon the same day (Jan 1st) - impressive if true, TH1 still leads with 64mil.

The answer is obvious. DU's target audience is 99% adults. Vast majority of adults are partying on New Year's Eve, not going to the movies. If they are at the movies, odds are they have a kid dragging them to see something. DU is not a kids' movie, so you can bet it wasn't getting the "kid dragging" effect that other films might have.