baumer

Wednesday #s Variety Hobbit 4.4

Les Mis will break 100m by Sunday... from there it should finish with 135-155 depending on how the Oscar season treats it.Jack Reacher and This is 40 are quietly having solid runs. The former should reach 85 and the latter 70.

I am thinking Les Miserables should be between 104M-105M on Sunday. It needs to get strong reception at the Golden Globes. It also has zero competition throughout January unlike Django Unchained. (No female films). I am seeing a 140-145M finish.

I don`t see a point of complaining about people who have been posting on the forum more than the complainer. There are many forums on the Internet so complainer can choose a forum where people are more to complainer`s liking.I bitch about ADF here but I don`t post there or bitch about those people on their forum.

So the more you post, the less your opinion is "worth"?That's very sad, if that's what you really think.And no, I don't want to go to another forum, because this is the forum you should visit, if you like to discuss box office numbers.There's nothing wrong with having fun and it's nice to have some "buddys" to have fun with in a forum, but there are other users or just readers, that are not part of this "inner circle" who just want to be informed and I think that a little regard is not asked for too much. Edited by Poseidon

I am thinking Les Miserables should be between 104M-105M on Sunday. It needs to get strong reception at the Golden Globes. It also has zero competition throughout January unlike Django Unchained. (No female films). I am seeing a 140-145M finish.

The Golden Globes happen after the Academy Awards nominations this year. I wonder if that will affect any GG bump.

The Golden Globes happen after the Academy Awards nominations this year. I wonder if that will affect any GG bump.

It'll probably just see one bump a combined GG and Oscar bump, rather than 2 separate and possibly slightly smaller ones.

So the more you post, the less your opinion is "worth"?That's very sad, if that's what you really think.And no, I don't want to go to another forum, because this is the forum you should visit, if you like to discuss box office numbers.There's nothing wrong with having fun and it's nice to have some "buddys" to have fun with in a forum, but there are other users or just readers, that are not part of this "inner circle" who just want to be informed and I think that a little regard is not asked for too much.

Please, spare me the kicked puppy tone that whores for sympathy votes, OK? It`s fake so please proceed with an honest answer.Quantity of posts shouldn`t trump quality of posts, we agree here, but you should know that taking an aim at forum`s patrons won`t sit well with some patrons who are part of the aim. Which is why I didn`t post such rebuttal when posters I go way back with reprime me for my meltdowns,etc but I did take offense when posters who are relatively new take such ill-advised and uncalled for liberties.As for buddies, inner circle and other highschool cliches that every forum has, i`m sorry that thread derailments prevent you from getting informed but that`s part of the fun for us who got used to it. I agree that it could be extremly frustrating when you have to read pages of irrelevant rubbish that participants seem to enjoy while trying to get 1 freakin info such as boxoffice number or trailer link,etc. I get annoyed by ADF when they derail threads containing relevant info about award nominees somewhere under tons of irrelvant stuff that obviously entertains participants. But unlike you, I don`t take an aim at them over there. They won`t change nor will people around here.

Please, spare me the kicked puppy tone that whores for sympathy votes, OK? It`s fake so please proceed with an honest answer.

I don't need any sympathy votes and there's nothing fake about what I said, I just tried being polite.But it's probably the wrong place for that discussion, so I bow to the "patrons" and celebrate Django as another surprise story of the year 2012.

I don't need any sympathy votes and there's nothing fake about what I said, I just tried being polite.But it's probably the wrong place for that discussion, so I bow to the "patrons" and celebrate Django as another surprise story of the year 2012.

I`m sorry that I thought your post was fake but that`s because sad tone is often used as sympathy generator on the Internet. Bloggers do that quite often. I don`t want you gone.