Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM VI - Discussion Thread

Well Age of Oblivion only includes 1 hour of extra footage that was shot as an ending to Dawn of Oblivion, showing the remnants of Earth, showing what happened with the unfinished storyline with the President, and focusing on Adam and Eve reuniting on their new haven. That hour of footage was shot with the rest of Dawn but was not included in the film because Dawn's run time was already approaching 3 hours. Instead, an extra 30-45 minutes of footage was also filmed to produce a film of decent run-time between 90 and 110 minutes. It will be released pre-Christmas weekend.

I think we should limit the number of movies that go over 4000 theaters. There are just too many. It is not even close to realistic.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I think we should limit the number of movies that go over 4000 theaters. There are just too many. It is not even close to realistic.

So long they aren't in the same week, I think it's okay... Not close to real life, I admit that, but it's a game after all... Many things aren't realistic here.

CJohn, your last movie has Liam Neeson in it. There are 2 movies already using him and there is another one coming (Chuck Norris franchise) coming up...So, until someone gives up on him, I don't think there's anymore space-.-

Well Age of Oblivion only includes 1 hour of extra footage that was shot as an ending to Dawn of Oblivion, showing the remnants of Earth, showing what happened with the unfinished storyline with the President, and focusing on Adam and Eve reuniting on their new haven. That hour of footage was shot with the rest of Dawn but was not included in the film because Dawn's run time was already approaching 3 hours. Instead, an extra 30-45 minutes of footage was also filmed to produce a film of decent run-time between 90 and 110 minutes. It will be released pre-Christmas weekend.

James Cameron hasn't made a film under 2 hours since The Terminator. Brevity is not in his DNA.Plus you're retconning, Ueka. If it's actually real, give it the full treatment not some half-assed tacked-on ending explanation to a film that doesn't need some half-measure coda.

James Cameron hasn't made a film under 2 hours since The Terminator. Brevity is not in his DNA.Plus you're retconning, Ueka. If it's actually real, give it the full treatment not some half-assed tacked-on ending explanation to a film that doesn't need some half-measure coda.

Ok, you caught my bluff. I'm bullshitting. I have no intention of sequelling Dawn. Never have.Besides, I can already dominate the year with Avarice...if I release it.
  • Like 1

Ok, you caught my bluff. I'm bullshitting. I have no intention of sequelling Dawn. Never have.Besides, I can already dominate the year with Avarice...if I release it.

In reality, this is probably a "ZOMG FOUR HOUR DIRECTOR'S CUT SUPER BLU RAY WITH 100 HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES" kind of deal.
  • Like 1

I think Society is gonna bomb. Honestly. It's a Cloud Atlas-type movie, except about teenagers. The pessimistic source material and R-rated content is going to keep high schoolers away from Society, and adults may not be interested in seeing teenagers drinking and partying like in Jersey Shore.OW: $12MFG: $40MOS: $97MWW: $137M

Edited by Alpha

I think Society is gonna bomb. Honestly. It's a Cloud Atlas-type movie, except about teenagers. The pessimistic source material and R-rated content is going to keep high schoolers away from Society, and adults may not be interested in seeing teenagers drinking and partying like in Jersey Shore.

OW: $12M

FG: $40M

WW: $137M

It isn't like this at all. I might be thinking of cutting the rating back to PG-13 when I finish writing the film. Also the film's plot is start forward and no where as confusing as Cloud Atlas. The subject matter is far more appealing than Cloud Atlas. Also I am going to crop down the running time a little bit. Plus the theater count, star power, approperate material, and lack of competition will make it do more than 15M opening weekend.

One party scene that is all in the film...not like Jersey Shore or Project X.

I am expecting a Friday Night Lights (I think Society and this film are the best comparsion) run according to inflation. 25M/75M. I would be very happy though if this could crack 100M.

• Like 1

Also how much sexual stuff (sex and nudity) can be shown in a PG-13 film? The sexual content is the only thing that would make it R.

PG-13 – Parents Strongly Cautioned – Some Material May Be Inappropriate For Children Under 13. These films may contain sex references, up to four uses of explicit language, drug innuendo, strong crude/suggestive humor, mature/political themes, moderately long horror moments,Blood,and/or moderate action violence. There are usually no restrictions on non-sexual nudity.

Edited by ChD

So

A girl looking in the mirror topless would be fine. I mean the scene lasts for only a few seconds and the point of it is non-sexual.Also a sex scene is fine as along as no sexual parts are shown right?

Exactly. Take both examples from Titanic: Rose naked while Jack was drawing and the sex scene with them in the car (Which can also have nudity, but no sexual interaction between the two persons) Edited by ChD
  • Like 1