ChD

Weekend Estimates (ZDT $26M, GS $16.7M, AHH $17.5M)

Actors put you off movies? Christ that's weak. I hate penn too but seeing him get an inevitable beat down is always fun. But if I shared your attitude I would never have seen stuff I enjoyed like MI4, Horrible Bosses and The Amazing Spider-Man. And where is WoM toxic? I haven't heard anyone outside of forums class it as shit. Ok maybe but not shit.

I have to agree, GS isn't great, but it's not bad either. It's just one of those "middling" kind of movies that probably make up 75% of wide releases every year, not great or bad, just a kind of filler.I really wanted it to be great, but even though it's not I don't regret seeing it, it was good violent fun at times, and seeing Penn eventually getting a beat down is a big plus, and Emma is smokin' hot in this, even though most of the time she has very little to do (god do I miss her as a redhead).

Ugh, Saturdays were very weak all around. I think we got our hopes up for ZDT a little bit. I was expecting low 20s at this point last week but I bought the hype and started thinking 25-30m. But the film has been playing at major markets for the past last week and in NY/LA for the past month. It's a really solid opening and I think with good WOM it'll hit 80 and could do 90-100, but it's sort of Social Network redux for Sony. Glowing critical praise, enthusiastic audience reactions, controversy over the reality of the film (though ZDT's is far stronger), but not favorable among Academy voters.

• Like 2

Gangster Squad was just a forgettable action movie, but I enjoyed it while I was in it! Also, It's kind of condescending to imply that all people who thought Haunted House looked funny/was funny are scum of the Earth.

ZDT estimates just kept dropping. Initial numbers had it at 30, then high 20's, then mid 20's and finally settling at 24.GS followed a similar pattern, although to a lesser extent.AHH was just the opposite, estimates kept going up. How this opened over 18 mil is beyond me, I though just getting to 10 would be an amazing opening for it.

Definitely wasn't really expecting Gangster Squad to flame out like that. Good for Haunted House. :blink:Good for ZD30 but a far cry from some of the crazy 30-40 predictions I was seeing Nice increases for Lincoln, SLP, and Argo. Good hold for Pi and Impossible.Looking forward to next wekeend!

As a horror fan, I'm embarrassed with that Texas Chainsaw drop. That drop is a symptom of the sickness of our society. A sickness which runs counter to the principles our society proclaims it instills. And it is our duty as custodians of that tradition to all come together to protect each other from those who threaten it.

As a horror fan, I'm embarrassed with that Texas Chainsaw drop. That drop is a symptom of the sickness of our society. A sickness which runs counter to the principles our society proclaims it instills. And it is our duty as custodians of that tradition to all come together to protect each other from those who threaten it.

CURE = Make GOOD and SCARY horror movies
  • Like 2

Nothing playing in theaters this weekend, that I haven't seen, was going to be as entertaining as those two games I watched yesterday. Holy crap, were they fun to watch!!Good for ZDT though. Nice for AHH. Didn't expect I to do that much. Will probably drop like a rock after this though. Come on SF, almost there.

Current projection for Skyfall:DOM: 305MOS: 820MWW: 1125MCurrent projection for Hobbit:DOM: 300MOS: 725MWW: 1025MSo Skyfall will finsh with 100m more than Hobbit. Clearly the biggest upset of recent history.

• Like 1

Current projection for Skyfall:DOM: 305MOS: 820MWW: 1125MCurrent projection for Hobbit:DOM: 300MOS: 725MWW: 1025MSo Skyfall will finsh with 100m more than Hobbit. Clearly the biggest upset of recent history.

It gets even worse when you think that Skyfall is 2D and the Hobbit 3D...

And may many movies upset DoS and TABA too and may DoS and TABA fall well short of Skyfall! I really hope AUJ doesn`t stretch over Skyfall dom (it can`t WW and OS) because Skyfall beat it fair and square. Skyfall didn`t have 3D premium.