CJohn

Ben-Hur | 8/19/16 | 7 minutes of Jack Reacher will play before the movie

Guys, guys - the Shay knows! how to sell this to you, in three easy steps:

1. Imagine they wear superhero capes (they actually do).

2. Imagine it takes place in NY in 2016 AD.

3. Imagine they are fighting Orcs!, not Romans.

BOOM!! Now you suddenly like it inexplicably and are determined to count its BO from Tasmania (google it) if you must, just to hide the fact that it is bombing everywhere else.

walterwhite.png

Edited by shayhiri

13 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Pretty obvious they're trying to sell this to a Christian faith-based audience now. That terrible modern-faith military romance music seals it for me.

It's awful.

Modern Faith "Rock" music always makes me think of Cartman and South Park

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's awful.

Well, Faith+1 is still the among best Christian songs ever made, so I can see why.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's awful.

7 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Well, Faith+1 is still the among best Christian songs ever made, so I can see why.

OU1ctUJ.gif

• Like 9

Yeah, they have given up on the general audience,and are now peddling this POS film as a "faith film".

Problem is it's budget,(70 Million) although way too small for an epic film which Ben Hur needs to be,is way too big for a "faith audience " film.

If ever a film has bomb written all over it, it's this one. It will be one of those remakes whose only purpose will be to remind everybody how much better the 1959 (and 1926) versions were.

As for the music, Miklos Rozsa is turning over in his grave.

There are very few films I actively wish to flop.This is one. And I think I will get my wish.

Bull$hit.

With the faith money and such small budget this will easily be a hit. The Shay will make a bet will all of you that it will make much more than double its budget - WITHOUT counting China, and other similar cowardly tactics to save the day of big international bombs.

So, any takers?

• Like 1

I really wish Rodrigo Santoro would choose his Hollywood projects better although I rather suspect he's not given all that many choices.

It's a shame really as he can be a great actor when given something to work with like in Carandiru and Bicho de Sete Cabeças, for example.

Edited by Arlborn

16 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Bull$hit.

With the faith money and such small budget this will easily be a hit. The Shay will make a bet will all of you that it will make much more than double its budget - WITHOUT counting China, and other similar cowardly tactics to save the day of big international bombs.

So, any takers?

No?

Chicken.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Bull$hit.

So, any takers?

Me.

For one thing,70 Million is not a small budget..it's a midrange one.

And 70 Million is more then most faith movies gross. The faith movies make a profit because they cost so little..between 20 and 30 Million ..to make.

And your comments on China are just incredibly ignorant. It's the biggest film market in the world. Warcraft.....and I am no fan of the film,which looks like crap,will not bomb. It might not make anything more then a modest profit,but Legendary will gets it's money out of it.

God, I just wasted my time responding to a Shay post.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Me.

For one thing,70 Million is not a small budget..it's a midrange one.

And 70 Million is more then most faith movies gross. The faith movies make a profit because they cost so little..between 20 and 30 Million ..to make.

And your comments on China are just incredibly ignorant. It's the biggest film market in the world. Warcraft.....and I am no fan of the film,which looks like crap,will not bomb. It might not make anything more then a modest profit,but Legendary will gets it's money out of it.

God, I just wasted my time responding to a Shay post.......

Yes, you should be sorry you replied. Because you will lose.

PS: You seriously called this "faith"movie, lol...

43 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This latest trailer sure tries to make it look like one.

It is sure being peddled like one......

I am really wondering if Shayhiri understands a lot of the terms he uses...........

A I am still wondering about what drove me to respond to a shayhiri post. Should have know better. He is pretty much a joke around here anyway.