MovieGuyKyle17

4 Day Weekend Box Office Perdictions: Mama (30.5m); Broken City (9.7m); Last Stand (6.6m) Nikki

I think it's too soon to proclaim that Arnold isn't a draw anymore...I mean, didn't Brad Pitt's recent movie "Playing for Keeps" gross 14.9 million total just a few weeks ago? Does it mean that it's over for him? No. Sometimes movies just don't connect with an audience.And even this weekend, "Broken City" which has the lately resurgent Mark Whalberg, as well as Russel Crowe and Catherine Zeta Jones opened to 3 million on friday, which is not dramatically better especially considering that there are several familiar faces in that one.The point is, not every movie is ment to be a big hit, so I think some of you should not be too hard on Arnie. Personally I think he looks too old to keep doing these types of action movies, but I'm sure he'll land another (or a few) hit(s) before his career is over... There's also the factor of when is a movie released. Take a look at the recent Barbra Streisand & Seth Rogen film "The Guilt Trip"... It debut with a mesely 5.2 million weekend but because it was released in late december it managed to pass 35 million simply because it was the holidays. Unfortunately "The Last Stand" will be lucky to gross half as much by the end of its run simply because it's released in a much weaker month...

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. Pitt was in an offbeat movie and it bombed to no one's surprise. Arnold is an action star making his comeback in an action movie after nearly a decade. This one will hurt.
  • Like 1

Yeah, TLS was supposed to be Arnie`s comeback and he didn`t pick a movie out of genre that made him a star. Pitt`s Killing Them Softly was never expected to top the chart because it wasn`t an easy sell.When a star fails to open in its comfort zone than they should be worried about. But Pitt not opening KTS is no proof of losing star power nor is TC bombing with RotA.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. Pitt was in an offbeat movie and it bombed to no one's surprise. Arnold is an action star making his comeback in an action movie after nearly a decade. This one will hurt.

And the simple fact That PITT is not even in that movie.
  • Like 1

Anyways, didn't know where to post this, but I finally saw The Hobbit this week and I have to say that evene though I wasn't really a fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I actually enjoyed The Hobbit much more. Even though on paper it was also a long movie in terms of running time, I thought it was more upbeat, action filled and entertaining. I never felt tired or that it was too long, it was just a better movie experience for me than the LOTR trilogy. I'm actually interested in seeing the next parts...

• Like 2

I found this. Finke vs THR, she laid the smackdown on THR. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can stick this letter up your asses if you think you can intimidate me as a journalist who has spent months now reporting and preparing an article about The Hollywood Reporter which I plan to publish very soon. If anything I have been very circumspect about informing Hollywood about the truth regarding THR. Because the truth hurts:

http://fashionentlaw.com/publishing/blogger-nikki-finke-v-hollywood-reporter-legal-blood-bath-duck-for-cover-people-its-messy/
  • Like 3

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. Pitt was in an offbeat movie and it bombed to no one's surprise. Arnold is an action star making his comeback in an action movie after nearly a decade.

But that action movie was a low concept movie. These don't excite anyone anymore, doesn't really matter who stars. And he has had action duds when he still was the biggest action star. I think he can still be a draw in the right movie.

But that action movie was a low concept movie. These don't excite anyone anymore, doesn't really matter who stars. And he has had action duds when he still was the biggest action star. I think he can still be a draw in the right movie.

Maybe. He is going to get more chances to prove that he is a draw. He will have to make better choices like Eastwood did when he hit his 60s or be like Stallone and focus on producing ensemble action movies that will make him a ton of money.