ChD

Weekend Estimates (WB $19.5M, SLP $8.1M, BTTH $4.5M, SUG $1.5M)

That's a bad drop for the Last Stand, but just wait until the holidays start!

Also, I'm probably the only person on here who finds that Warm Bodies number slightly disappointing. I've been predicting 23 million for a month now, and considering the crowd last night, I though it would go higher than Chronicle. Still should have great legs though. 

That's a bad drop for the Last Stand, but just wait until the holidays start!

Also, I'm probably the only person on here who finds that Warm Bodies number slightly disappointing. I've been predicting 23 million for a month now, and considering the crowd last night, I though it would go higher than Chronicle. Still should have great legs though. 

I`ll never get enough of "just wait until the holidays start" line.

Besides the holdovers from the 1980s (Willis, Stallone, and Schwarzenegger) we don't have action stars. Statham, Diesel, and The Rock can't open big on their own so I don't include them. The action STAR is a relic of the Past. Wow.

The Rock and Vin Diesel say a collective hello.

Diesel is not the real action star. He has F&F and that`s it. The Rock`s presence in Fast Five helped the boxoffice considerably, though.

Edited by fishnets

There is a reason why Harvey didn't acquire Perks. As well as SLP is doing right now it isn't expected to be a major winner at the Oscars this year and even with Harvey backing Perks, it wouldn't have won anything. Academy voters are a different breed and to expect them to back a teen romance/coming-of-age movie just isn't realistic.Harvey knows what he is doing and he wasted no time in buying "Fruitvale" at Sundance because it is a movie that should do well with the AMPAS members.