ChD

It's...It's Over?

Le Miz was awesome. Why hate it so much? 

I hate musicals. Nothing worse than a clown singing their feelings away on-screen. IMO, its all a load of crap. If you're upset, pull a sad face and say how upset you are, don't fucking sing about it, its just cringy.
  • Like 1

IThe 1st time I saw Les Miserables I sat there in my seat for about 20 minutes afterwards, and then for a good few hours afterwards completely hollow. It honestly felt like I had my soul ripped out.

If that was your feeling after seeing Les Miserables, I question whether it was actually Les Miserables you saw since it sounds a feeling one would get from something like Melancholia or Funny Games.

Because Les Mis in the end aims at spiritual uplifting.

I hate musicals. Nothing worse than a clown singing their feelings away on-screen. IMO, its all a load of crap. If you're upset, pull a sad face and say how upset you are, don't fucking sing about it, its just cringy.

The only difference between a song in a musical and a sollioquy in a play is that the former adds music and a more noticeable tempo and vocal variation to the words.

Bumping this...

A thing that disappointed me a lot was when I watched the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie and realized that the story of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley's characters was over. I became very attached to those characters and the story continuing without them left me with a strange feeling.

I've got to say, the end of "At World's End" was pretty epic. The slow motion shots and the Keira's speech before the battle left me in tears... Never thought I would tear up at that movie

Edited by ChD

Angel Heart. When Mickey Rourke and Robert DeNiro go into their Mephistopheles is such a mouthful in Manhatten exchange, until the moment the credits roll, my mouth was agape. I literally had no idea that it was heading in that direction.

• Like 2

Also, The Ring. When the bitch came out of the TV, I realized I was witnessing horror movie history. That film didn't leave me...well actually, it still hasn't.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

Unbreakable. "They called me Mr Glass". I think that's the best Shyamalan ending, better than 6th sense twist.

Michael Mann's movies endings have always me in a state of awe, relief, epicness, sudden strike of neverending melancholy on my mind all at the same time. He always chooses the right music as an haunting elegy. Man Hunter, Last Of The Mohicans, Heat, Collateral, Public Enemies.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Unbreakable. "They called me Mr Glass". I think that's the best Shyamalan ending, better than 6th sense twist. Michael Mann's movies endings had always me in a state of awe, relief, epicness, sudden strike of neverending melancholy on my mind all at the same time. He always chooses the right music as an elegy. Man Hunter, Last Of The Mohicans, Heat, Collateral, Public Enemies.

Yes, great ending, but for me personally, it didn't kick me in the nuts or just leave me thinking about it for days on end. I think that's a different thread.

Angel Heart. When Mickey Rourke and Robert DeNiro go into their Mephistopheles is such a mouthful in Manhatten exchange, until the moment the credits roll, my mouth was agape. I literally had no idea that it was heading in that direction.

I saw that movie when I was 12. Louis Cypher. Mind blown. Forever.

• Like 1

I saw that movie when I was 12. Louis Cypher. Mind blown. Forever.

I've seen it about 50 times, the ending is still as powerful as the first time I saw it because of DeNiro and Rourke's delivery....stunning.
  • Like 1

This is silly, but Superbad is one of the few movies that leave me teary-eyed after I watch it. 

When Seth turns to look at Evan, but he doesn't notice him and walks away with his girlfriend.. 

and knowing these guys had been friends since kids, and what they've been through its just an emotional ending for me.

Bumping this...

A thing that disappointed me a lot was when I watched the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie and realized that the story of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley's characters was over. I became very attached to those characters and the story continuing without them left me with a strange feeling.

I've got to say, the end of "At World's End" was pretty epic. The slow motion shots and the Keira's speech before the battle left me in tears... Never thought I would tear up at that movie

I normally wouldn't comment on something like this, but Knightmare....  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:

Bumping this...

I thought that Knightmare`s speech was the worst ever and I`ve never seen so many people leave theater like during that retarded battle/wedding scene. I hate this movie with the fire of thousnads suns, am happy that it made much less money than DMC while costing $300 mio to make and that fuckin boring chemsitry-free Willabeth is out of the series. This movie is the reason why I cheer every time Knightmare`s Oscar baits fail epically and when they bomb at the boxoffice. That fuckin horrible speech where she was pouting like on the Playmate photoshoot. Walk the plank, ho!

• Like 4