Impact

Best Actor-2013

I think these were my last predictions:by Impact on 29 August 2013 - 08:30 PM in And The Winner Is...Impact, on 10 Aug 2013 - 1:09 PM, said:Since I am not a fan of the quotes here-here I go:Impact, on 11 May 2013 - 7:02 PM, said:snapback.pngOkay Hanks I think might be for Captain Philips actually now.Now here is my predictions right now:Tom Hanks for Captain PhilipsLeonardo DiCaprio for WolfRobert Redford for All is LostThe Basketball Player's cousin for FruitvaleBale for American HustleCould make it in: Carell for Foxcatcher, the main star of Inside Lewis Davis (or whatever it is called :lol:), McConaughey for one of his 2 films.For now I think I'll keep these as my choices.Updated:Bruce Dern for NebraskaHanks for Captain PhilipsThe lead in 12 YearsRedford for All is LostMcConaughy for Dallas

After seeing Prisoners (a movie I didn't find very impressive tbh) its hard for me to understand how Hugh Jackman could've possibly come close to ruining it. Him and Jake Gyllenhaal were exceptional.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 3

After seeing Prisoners (a movie I didn't find very impressive tbh) its hard for me to understand how Hugh Jackman could've possibly come close to ruining it. Him and Jake Gyllenhaal were exceptional.

Agreed! They were the best thing of the movie

Considering that Nelson Mandela died recently, Elba might stand a chance at getting in for that role.

The main problem is Best Actor is packed, who do you knock out to let Elba in?

Ejiofer, McConaughey, and Dern are locked, if early word from Wolf is correct than DiCaprio is most likely in (meaning either Hanks or Redford would get knocked out), and so you have Hanks and Redford fighting for the last spot and Phoenix, Isaac, B. Jordan, and Whitaker fighting for an upset.

I could see Hanks going out if they choose to give him a nod for supporting instead and don't feel like nominating him twice.

I could see Redford going out because his movie was very small, and it isn't competing for anything except actor, so a snub is very possible.

For Elba to get in, he'd not only have to get past those two (who have tons of buzz behind them), he'd also have to get past other others like Oscar Isaac, Michael B. Jordan, Forest Whitaker, and Joaquin Phoenix which have strong buzz behind them too.

I wouldn't say that it is impossible, but I don't see it happening, especially with lackluster reviews.