baumer

Biggest Snubs (not nominated) in Oscar history

So you honestly want to say that Christopher Nolan really didn't deserve any Best Director nomination?

I haven't personally nominated him, I nominate Memento for Picture in a line-up of 10 and it barely makes it in.

I have certainly cooled off on Nolan since that time I was 14 and literally shaking in the theater from TDK's awesomeness, but I still maintain that he deserved BD nominations for Memento, TDK and Inception and actually deserved to win Best Original Screenplay for Memento and Best Director for TDK (partly because that was a weak-ass year - I don't find Nolan's directing of TDK perfect, but it was certainly better than whatever Boyle and Fincher did). Deserved some recognition for Prestige, too, at least a Screenplay nom.

• Like 5

Colective Cameron snubs pre-Titanic/Avatar, collective Leo snubs, was Scott`s Alien nominated? If no, fuck that, it`s a masterpiece.

Nolan is deserving people, WTF? It isn`t fanboyism.

Heavenly Creatures snub in everything save script (it was nominated in that category). Melanie Linsky was divine and PJ`s direction was a masterpiece. OMG that holy shit ending. That was back in time when he had balls. :(

I think The Matrix not being nominated for anything major is a big deal. That movie redefined a lot of things in Hollywood. 

Nolan not being nominated for TDK and Inception. Also Memento not getting a BP nom. I even want to go so far as to say Prestige was deserving of a BP nom.

OldBoy not getting a foerign film nom. Someone else mentioned that. 

The Wrestler not being nominated for BP or BD. All I have to say about 2008 is what the hell. You also had Wall-E come out that year, but instead the Academy nominated a bunch of baity crap that sucked like Benjamin Button. 2008 was for sure a low point for the Academy.

Did Donnie Darko get a screenplay nom? I would say it was deserving.

Toy Story not being nominated for BP. I know it was a field of 5 noms that year, but TS really changed the animation industry big time.

• Like 2