Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Well it's just, having read the books I can tell that scene serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever for the rest of the series. :lol:I mean...

Even if they are using Ros to replace Chataya, it still makes no sense. The only use that Chataya & Alayaya are is to help conceal Tyrion as he tries to visit Shae at the manse. But, from the 1st ep, we see Shae is already in the Red Keep with Tyrion. So there is nowhere for Tyrion to sneak off to, and no way for Cersei to mistake Alayaya / Ros / some other whore as being the one Tyrion brought to King's Landing if he doesn't visit the brothel. Which he'd have no cause to if Shae is already in the castle. Unless, of course, they have Tyrion be unfaithful to Shae in the show, even if he isn't in the book.

• Community Manager

Just be glad it's not on Starz or else you would have seen Tyrion's penis by now ala Spartacus!

Although in all honesty, I am curious to see how it looks. Not for sexual reasons, but because how does a midget's penis looks? I would search for it on Google, but I don't want to open that door of the internet.

Well it's just, having read the books I can tell that scene serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever for the rest of the series.

Without reading the spoilers, who knows, maybe they serve a purpose in the books not released yet.

Are the books better? Idk if I want to read them now because I like that I don't know what's going to happen in each episode, but if they are really good....

I plan to read each book after it's season.

If I had to guess, season 3 would end with:

Catelyn resurrected from the dead to become Lady Stoneheart.

That's an iffy thing for me. Because while chronologically, that happens around the time Season 3 ends, we readers don't learn about it until the time Season 4 would end. I think it'd work better as a Season 4 ending reveal since it would give the showrunners time to hint at it through Season 4 with news about disappearances in the Riverlands, the continued growth of the BWB, etc.

Are the books better? Idk if I want to read them now because I like that I don't know what's going to happen in each episode, but if they are really good....

It's hard to compare books to movies or TV shows. I can just say that if you enjoy the show, then you're very likely to enjoy the books even more, because the best parts of the show (the characterizations, the dialogue, the plot twists) are even more indepth in the books. The one thing that the show does do better than the book is to age up the characters. When initially reading the books, I felt like nearly every young person in there needed to be at least 2 or 3 years older (even considering the context of a medieval setting) to be more realistic.

That's an iffy thing for me. Because while chronologically, that happens around the time Season 3 ends, we readers don't learn about it until the time Season 4 would end. I think it'd work better as a Season 4 ending reveal since it would give the showrunners time to hint at it through Season 4 with news about disappearances in the Riverlands, the continued growth of the BWB, etc.

Not that it is likely to happen, but even better would be to get rid of it altogether. I found it rather lame in the books, and I bet that the show watchers who aren't necessarily into fantasy are going to find it even lamer.

Mine, too. It really brought some of my favorite moments of CoK to life. And, for a change, some of the outside-the-book scenes actually improved or successfully amplified things instead of just annoying.

I like that they took a shortcut with Ayra's storyline here since it makes good narrative sense in a 10-episode season to have her captured now instead of an episode later. I also like how they included an origin story for her Kill List with the Yoren conversation, her being inspired by his story (new to the show).The Theon scenes were excellent. Balon Greyjoy is loads better than in the novel, the actor really captures the essence of the character and magnifies it in the right spots. And they're also doing a great job of showing how conflicted Theon is with his desire to belong somewhere, which makes his decision to go with his biological family all the more sympathetic. Of course, Theon may now lose this sympathy very quickly.I also like that they made it clear Margaery knows Renly is gay and isn't troubled by it. In the books the reader isn't sure how much the Tyrells know but here it's clear that Margaery at least is aware and will go with it since a happy sham marriage between them gets them both what they want. Adds a layer to her character.This time I'd cut only one scene, and that would be the groan-inducing scene between Sansa and Shae. They fast-tracked Shae into being Sansa's handmaiden (doesn't happen until the next book) but we got a dull and blah scene from it.

Edited by 4815162342

I thought the books gave no suggestion of any relationship between Loras and Renly. I can't even recall a slight hint of one. I've been trying to work out the point of such a subplot. Just seems to have been to have some tension in the scene with Margaery and Renly in this episode.

<P>Considering Renly will die in the next episode or two and Loras hasno&nbsp;further relationships as of half way through A Feast for Crows(the pointI've read up to) I don't see why this subplot was added.</P>

I thought the books gave no suggestion of any relationship between Loras and Renly. I can't even recall a slight hint of one. I've been trying to work out the point of such a subplot. Just seems to have been to have some tension in the scene with Margaery and Renly in this episode.

<P>Considering Renly will die in the next episode or two and Loras hasno&nbsp;further relationships as of half way through A Feast for Crows(the pointI've read up to) I don't see why this subplot was added.</P>

You need to re-read the books then because there were loads of hints that Renly was gay and he and Loras were together.

Yeah, man. Not to go with stereotypes too much (it's kind of hard not to here) but without even going into any more specific details... Loras is the Knight of Flowers and Renly's kingsguard are the RAINBOW cloaks. Red flag!! LOL!!

As far as the other details, someone at IGN put it best:

Tyrion asks Loras why Loras isn't interested in marrying a girl and he replies "Once the sun has set, no candle can replace it". Referring to his relationship with Renly and Renly's death

Renly would always ask to "pray" with Loras in private

It is described at a feast how Renly is always dutiful to Margaery but spends most of his time with Loras

It is hinted other characters know of the relationship. Jaime threatens Loras by saying he'll shove a sword so far up Loras's rear that it'll reach somewhere even Renly never found. The rumors that Renly never consummated with Margaery.

Great, great episode. I enjoyed all of the book changes & fast-tracks. I love how they did the little Tyrion "montage" of sorts to show how he figured out which council-member was the narc. They didn't draw it out.

Yeah, man. Not to go with stereotypes too much (it's kind of hard not to here) but without even going into any more specific details... Loras is the Knight of Flowers and Renly's kingsguard are the RAINBOW cloaks. Red flag!! LOL!!

LMAO!! So obvious!

Great, great episode. I enjoyed all of the book changes & fast-tracks. I love how they did the little Tyrion "montage" of sorts to show how he figured out which council-member was the narc. They didn't draw it out.

From the show, I got the impression all three were narcs, but that Maester Pycelle just got to the Queen first. Am I wrong?

All of them are narcs, but for different reasons.Petyr is a narc, but only when ratting out serves his own interests.Varys is a narc, but see above.Pycelle is a narc, and is a Lannister toady so he would snitch to Cersei no matter what.

From the show, I got the impression all three were narcs, but that Maester Pycelle just got to the Queen first. Am I wrong?

Well yes, this is true. I guess I should have said that he was trying to find out which was the most narcified of the narcs, lol. But #'s is right, as long as the interests of the other two are served, they are great at keeping secrets. Pycelle is just not. At all.

I really liked the scenes they added this week. Like people have already said, the new Margery and Arya scenes really help deepen their characters. I also thought the scene where Theon confronts his father for giving him away was well done

Edited by bed005