Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

For those who care, Episodes 3-5 are titled:

Episode 3- "“What Is Dead May Never Die”

Episode 4- “Garden of Bones”

Episode 5- “The Ghost of Harrenhal”

Also, titles and very short teaser descriptions of Episodes 6-9 below:

Episode 2.6-

“The Old Gods and the New”

Arya has a surprise visitor; Dany vows to take what is hers; Joffrey meets his subjects; Qhorin gives Jon a chance to prove himself.

Episode 2.7- “A Man Without Honor”

Jaime meets a relative; Theon hunts; Dany receives an invitation.

Episode 2.8- "The Prince of Winterfell"

Theon holds down the fort; Arya calls in her debt with Jaqen; Robb is betrayed; Stannis and Davos approach their destination.

Episode 2.9- "Blackwater"

Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis’ fleet assaults King’s Landing.

http://www.spoilertv...ay-episode.html

I LOVE the title for Episode 8. It should be one of the season's best based on the tiny teaser description.

Edited by 4815162342

I actually liked the reveal that Caster was sacrificing his sons to the White Walkers. It was hinted at in the books, and didn't seem like a huge diversion. I imagine the only thing that will happen is the Night Watch getting kicked out of Caster's keep. I enjoyed the episode more than the first, especially as the story was more tight and didn't jump around as much.

I liked the second episode better than the first but the scene in the brothel was completely unnecessary - I hated it. That sort of stuff is only going to alienate the audience and put people off. I had no problems with the sex scene between Theon and the captain's daughter, it's in the books, or the sex scene between Stannis and Mellisandre, it's implied in the books and serves the plot. But the scene in the brothel where Littlefinger wipes cum off the face of some nameless prostitute was even worse than the 'play with her arse' scene last year. I really hope they stick to serving the plot, instead of wasting precious minutes on this shit.

I definitely enjoyed this episode more on a second viewing. I think I wasn't paying full attention on Sunday, was distracted as I had to leave to take out the trash and more in the middle of it and was putting away laundry.

the scene in the brothel was completely unnecessary - I hated it. That sort of stuff is only going to alienate the audience and put people off. I had no problems with the sex scene between Theon and the captain's daughter, it's in the books, or the sex scene between Stannis and Mellisandre, it's implied in the books and serves the plot. But the scene in the brothel where Littlefinger wipes cum off the face of some nameless prostitute was even worse than the 'play with her arse' scene last year. I really hope they stick to serving the plot, instead of wasting precious minutes on this shit.

I totally agree. Have no problem whatsoever with the gratuitous sex/nudity as long as it either a.) is in the book, implied or explicit or b.) actually serves the story in some way. However, a couple of the things they have done seem like they're putting it in just because they can. That irks me.The 'play with her arse' (though it wasn't her arse she was playing with, lol) scene last year at least served a purpose somewhat in that what Littlefinger was saying in the meantime was very interesting. Albeit a little hard to hear over the chicks.But that entire scene in the brothel with the chick and the other guy / Ros getting upset wasn't needed. Even the non-sexual parts. They need to stop pushing Ros on us. I don't give a flying fark about her and every second she's on screen just takes that time away from an actually important character.

Yes, that's definitely good news. I wonder if the plan is still to only adapt the first half of Storm of Swords for Season 3. I'd actually prefer that, if it's only 10 episodes; no way can they condense the entire book into a 10 episode season.

Yes, that's definitely good news. I wonder if the plan is still to only adapt the first half of Storm of Swords for Season 3. I'd actually prefer that, if it's only 10 episodes; no way can they condense the entire book into a 10 episode season.

I wish they would increase the season to 12 or 14 episodes.What do you think HBO will do if they get up to season 5 and Winds of WInter and A Dream of Spring are not even complete yet?

I wish they would increase the season to 12 or 14 episodes.What do you think HBO will do if they get up to season 5 and Winds of WInter and A Dream of Spring are not even complete yet?

Luckily with 10 episode seasons it'll take 6 seasons to get through Book 5, unless they do A LOT of cutting from Books 4 and 5. Basically how it'll work (at least in my mind) for Seasons 3/4 is (spoilers for Books 3-5 below):

Season 3- 60-65% of A Storm of Swords: Red Wedding is Episode 9 to provide a similar gut punch as Ned Stark's execution in Season 1 Episode 9. Episode 10 tackles the fallout of that event, but also would give us a couple good occurences to reduce the pain. My preference would be for Jon Snow's escape at Long Lake and Danaerys' freeing of the slaves of at Yunkai.Season 4- The rest of A Storm of Swords + The Iron Islands storyline from A Feast for Crows + some early chapters from Crows and A Dance With Dragons. Some of the early chapters from Books 4-5 lend themselves well as more soft and ominous conclusions to Season 4 and the Iron Islands storyline of Book 4 (through the Kingsmoot) takes place during the second half of Book 3. That way you can end Season 4 with the following bits: Jon is now settled in as Lord Commander and sends Samwell, Aemon, etc away to Oldtown via Braavos, Euron is elected King of the Iron Islands and promises to obtain dragons for his conquering, Danaerys is settling into her role ruling Meeren but has to confront the fact her dragons are big and now dangerously near out of control (the burned child), Tyrion meeting Illyrio after his escape and becoming part of the plan to get Danaerys and her dragons to Westeros, Ayra takes the trader ship to Braavos, etc.

Season 5 would encompass the bulk of Books 4 and 5 (not sure where the best ending point for that season is yet) and Season 6 would take up the rest of those 2 books and take the first 100-200 pages of Book 6 as the conclusion (since Book 5 ends with a lot of cliffhangers and unresolved climatic events).That plan would work since we know that Martin's written about 200 pages or so of Book 6 already, a lot of it being stuff that he had to hold back from Book 5 because that book was long enough as it was.

Edited by 4815162342

I would imagine that at least WoW will be complete by then. If they split SoS into two seasons, plus the FoC and DwD seasons, that would give GRRM 4 more years to finish WoW. Although they might have to make FoC and DwD into one to make an interesting season so it would negate that. I could definitely see DoS not being finished in time for the season after that though.All I know is he needs to finish stuff faster. He's only getting older and he's not exactly the picture of perfect health. If the man dies before he finishes the story then that would SUCK.

The thing I'm worried about is the kids growing up too fast.

The show can be more expansive in its chronology than the books. The 5 books cover 2.5-3 years of time, but a number of events in the books can have their chronologies stretched out.

• Community Manager

Maisie Williams who plays Arya is already 24Isaac Wright who plays Bran is 22Sophie Turner who plays Sansa is almost 30I would say they are already old. :P

What?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maisie_WilliamsShe's fourteen according to WIkipedia. IMDB confirms: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3586035/Isaac Wright's birthday hasn't been released by either IMDB or Wikipedia, so no idea where you got that he is 22.Sophie Turner is 16. There is a model named Sophie Turner who is almost 30 but she has no relation to this show.

Yeah, Maisie Williams is definitely not 24. She talks in "Making of" featurettes how, when she was cast, her Mom read the books and decided they were way too adult for her to read so she just told Maisie the basic plotlines.And Isaac Hempstead-Wright is 12-years-old, he said so on Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/IsaacBranFlakes/status/154147857698533376

Edited by Cozmees Everdeen