Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

So, episodes are gonna keep getting online a week before they air? You think that'll have an effect on the ratings?

I don't think so. I figure that most of the people who'd watch are those who don't have HBO or its related channel in Country X. I also figure that most regular viewers don't know about the leak since there hasn't been much if any news about it outside of internet forums.Even for those who do, I expect many are still tuning in on Sunday so they can see it in glorious HD on their big TV (compared to reduced quality on a computer screen). That's what I'm doing. Edited by 4815162342

• Community Manager

Technically, it has aired. HBO released Episode 2 on HBO Go in a handful of European countries on Monday, which is how the episode found its way online. HBO is apparently going to continue doing this with subsequent episodes, so a big lot of Europeans will able to see those episodes days before the rest of the world (not counting online views).So, thanks to HBO the episode has aired.

The official airing in America then. This is for those who would rather wait to see it, so that they can discuss the show with those who didn't wait.

As long as people are watching the new episodes on HBO Go, I don't think HBO minds the ratings since they are still viewing the show on their site. I'm sure they can count how many times the movie is viewed on HBO Go as well.

Watched first 4 episodes so far. WOW. There is a lot of sex on this show. :lol:But seriously, very enjoyable show, I'm having trouble holding myself. I could watch all the episodes in a day but I want to savor it for longer so I'm letting myself watch 2 episodes a day max. Btw, how many episodes will season 2 have?

Just so you know, HBO has put its foot down and the second episode has been pulled from the overseas HBO sites which made it available and no more episodes will be released a week early.http://winteriscoming.net/2012/04/hbo-addresses-early-episode-release-rumors/I think that's a good thing, piracy could have affected the ratings, not by a huge amount, but any decrease is bad for the show.

Watched first 4 episodes so far. WOW. There is a lot of sex on this show. :lol:But seriously, very enjoyable show, I'm having trouble holding myself. I could watch all the episodes in a day but I want to savor it for longer so I'm letting myself watch 2 episodes a day max.Btw, how many episodes will season 2 have?

Only 10 unfortunately, it really needs at least 12 IMO.

It's really annoying that showcase here in Australia is waiting 9 days after the US broadcast to show season 2 yet are still advertising it as being "fast-tracked". Programmers in Australia have the collective intelligence of Joffrey.

I wasn't that thrilled with last night's episode. Not bad, not good. Just kinda boring. That ending was definitely a stray from the book. Not sure where they're gonna go with that. Also, in the book Tyrion didn't believe Thorne's/Mormont's white walkers story in the slightest.

I could have done without the scene where Petyr wipes the *ahem* off the naked chick's face before sending her off to the next guy. Also, Theon is a big horndog! DId that scene with Yara happen in the book as well? Definitely made for an awkward family reunion. :P

Theon is a pervy betraying little douchebag. You'll come to hate him.And yes, that scene did happen in the book, albeit a little differently. His sister's name is actually "Asha" in the book, but that's a bit too close to the wildling/captive friend of Bran's at Winterfell (her name is Osha) so they changed it for the show.In the book Theon meets her on a ship and he tries to talk her up a lot and get into her panties. Asha/Yara goes along with it and grabs his junk a couple of times, but throws his wit right back at him. The more she does, the more Theon is attracted to her. But on the horse on the way to Pyke all he does is grab her boobs a couple of times, he doesn't reach down her pants. AND when he does grab her boobs she pushes his hands away. He also finds out she's his sister before they come to their father.

I could have done without the scene where Petyr wipes the *ahem* off the naked chick's face before sending her off to the next guy.Also, Theon is a big horndog! DId that scene with Yara happen in the book as well? Definitely made for an awkward family reunion. :P

They toned down the scene from the book. In the book Asha (the show changed the name to Yara for idiotic reasons) was a lot more playful and flirty with Theon on their ride to the castle, including grabbing his junk.This of course made the reveal that she was his sister and simply fucking with him even more funny.EDIT: And in the book Theon meets his father first, then encounters Asha in his next POV chapter when he gets his own raiding ship christened.The Theon/Balon reunion was absolutely nailed, one of the best scenes of the episode. Edited by 4815162342

I wasn't that thrilled with last night's episode. Not bad, not good. Just kinda boring. That ending was definitely a stray from the book. Not sure where they're gonna go with that. Also, in the book Tyrion didn't believe Thorne's/Mormont's white walkers story in the slightest.

I'm not sure that he didn't believe the story. No doubt, that at a minimum, he pretended not to believe it. He ridiculed Thorne, but did so after other people present began the ridicule and he thought it best to join in. But, then, he essentially gave Thorne what he wanted, which of course Thorne didn't appreciate, because he was a bit bitter about the snickering.

I'm not sure that he didn't believe the story. No doubt, that at a minimum, he pretended not to believe it. He ridiculed Thorne, but did so after other people present began the ridicule and he thought it best to join in. But, then, he essentially gave Thorne what he wanted, which of course Thorne didn't appreciate, because he was a bit bitter about the snickering.

This is true. Which may be why GRRM was okay with them playing it this way in the show.