Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

I know AMC is available in far more households in the US then HBO but even so I do find the GoT/TWD contrast between Australia and the US interesting. The Waling Dead has roughly twice the number of viewers in the US then that of Game of Thrones yet in Australia GoT has roughly 4 times the number of viewers.

Well, not really. TWD averages around 14-15 million viewers per episode, right? But that's all for the first live viewing. GoT's total viewership per episode for season 4 was around 14-15m IIRC. They count all airings, DVR and streams. The half numbers are only for the very first live viewing through a television. So, they're about the same.

This is very good but now I think that to enjoy it more I shouldn't have read the books I used to tell memy friends that they should but I will stop now. On its own it's great television, it lacks the subtlety and scope of the novels and I will always prefer them more but it's time to decorate the two of them in my mind at least they are not the same. Though I will not watch next season if wow hasn't come out yet I don't want the books to be spoiled for me

They really slimmed down the Lord Commander election. It was a highlight of the third book by showing Sam's cleverness and ability to manipulate people in influencing the election. Now it's just Sam giving a single speech with emotion (and cracking jokes publicly at a "superior's" expense, something fairly outside of his character in both book and show.

Jaime and Bronn go to Dorne for some adventures. All new material here folks so I got no idea what's coming.

Speaking of Dorne, Elliara Sand is now a complete 180 from her character in the books. Her screeching and hissing like a B-movie caricature doesn't help matters.

Yeah this all-new Sansa plotline looks like it can get way out of hand if not executed right. And given the content/promise shown in the Sansa chapter for Book 6 that was released, I'm thinking so far this new direction is not a good idea.

I wish they included some of Uncle Kevan's big putdowns from the book in the Small Council meeting.

They could have trimmed out a couple scenes (like Varys and Tyrion) to bulk up a couple of the other storylines.

And NOW the Meereen slog begins. Very curious to see how D&D handle this.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros

Stupid decisions are what get characters killed in Game of Thrones.

Dany's screwed up by 1.Locking two of her dragons up and causing them to hate her guts, 2.Making one of the dumbest decisions in the show since Robb Stark deciding to trust Walder Frey after he had already given him the middle finger by executing the former slave in front of an angry mob of former slaves calling for mercy. This will all end up costing Dany

Littlefinger has made the dumb decision of taking Sansa Stark under his wing. I believe that decision is going to cost him.

We'll see what more stupid decisions are made, they always lead to a characters downfalls or at least a very bad pickle.

Well, not really. TWD averages around 14-15 million viewers per episode, right? But that's all for the first live viewing. GoT's total viewership per episode for season 4 was around 14-15m IIRC. They count all airings, DVR and streams. The half numbers are only for the very first live viewing through a television. So, they're about the same.

I'm comparing the initial broadcast only for both shows.  So it's a like for like comparison.  I don't see why there would be any difference in the percentage increase for either shows when you add later broadcast, DVR streams etc

Dany will be fine. If they follow the books in the slightest she will still the mother of the dragons to some degree, even though the fifth book has a pretty unclear ending regarding this.

Edited by James

I'm comparing the initial broadcast only for both shows. So it's a like for like comparison. I don't see why there would be any difference in the percentage increase for either shows when you add later broadcast, DVR streams etc

GoT plays their new episodes like 50 times (exaggeration, obviously) during the week and HBO Go is utilized quite a bit. TWD does not do either. So they're going to have more initial viewings. They never report the rest of the ratings for TWD, so I'm guessing those aren't very significant. Therefore it's very relevant to compare GoT's total weekly viewers with TWD's first airing.

People know they have plenty of chances to watch GoT during the week. So they do it by their leisure. Not so with TWD.

Well fuck! Ratings drop pretty hard on second weekend. I blame piracy for this.

Game of Thrones won Sunday with a 3.6, down from last week's series high 4.2 adults 18-49 rating. NBA Playoffs coverage came in second with a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating.

GAME OF THRONES         HBOM           9:03 PM            6.805          3.6

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/04/21/sunday-cable-ratings-game-of-thrones-tops-night-nba-playoffs-real-housewives-of-atlanta-naked-and-afraid-more/392154/

Edited by Boxx93

Well fuck! Ratings drop pretty hard on second weekend. I blame piracy for this.

Game of Thrones won Sunday with a 3.6, down from last week's series high 4.2 adults 18-49 rating. NBA Playoffs coverage came in second with a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating.

GAME OF THRONES         HBOM           9:03 PM            6.805          3.6

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/04/21/sunday-cable-ratings-game-of-thrones-tops-night-nba-playoffs-real-housewives-of-atlanta-naked-and-afraid-more/392154/

I blame piracy and a REAALLLLY dull first episode.

Shame as the 2nd is so much better.

Glad they didn't back out of the Janos scene, though they sadly didn't include

Stannis giving Jon a "Respect, Bro" nod afterwards, they just had him stare

The Winterfell storyline is officially going way into uncharted territory. I do hope they include at some point Roose Bolton's KO takedown line to Ramsay.

They did the Arya story well here.

Poor Tommen, he has no idea what the hell he is about to be in the middle of.

Tyrion had some nice quips in this episode. "Oh we're going to meet the savior, you should have told me."

The first two episodes were pure setup, now things are going in motion.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros

Glad they didn't back out of the Janos scene, though they sadly didn't include

Stannis giving Jon a "Respect, Bro" nod afterwards, they just had him stare

The Winterfell storyline is officially going way into uncharted territory. I do hope they include at some point Roose Bolton's KO takedown line to Ramsay.

They did the Arya story well here.

Poor Tommen, he has no idea what the hell he is about to be in the middle of.

Tyrion had some nice quips in this episode. "Oh we're going to meet the savior, you should have told me."

The first two episodes were pure setup, now things are going in motion.

I thought he did a very slight head nod. Either way, I got a sense of approval just from Stannis' look.

Jon Snow has been the MVP of this season. The way he handled that execution was awesome.

• Like 1

I thought he did a very slight head nod. Either way, I got a sense of approval just from Stannis' look.

Jon Snow has been the MVP of this season. The way he handled that execution was awesome.

Didn't look like he did but I might have missed it.

I thought with the way he hesitated after Janos started sob babbling D&D might back out, but thankfully they kept it in.

BUT, they really should have had Jon, like in the book, go to have him hanged, and then tell the guys to stop, and just when Janos is all relieved and thankful, he drops DAT LINE "Edd, fetch me a block."

• Like 1