Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Game of Thrones is now the biggest show HBO has had since the 2004 season of The Sopranos.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/game-of-thrones-huge-ratings-chart.html

So far this season, GoT is bringing in 4.9 million viewers with its 9 p.m. Sunday telecasts, up nearly 30 percent vs. last year's average of 3.8 million and basically double the 2.5 million who watched the show Sundays during its inaugural 2011 run.

Posted Image

Now, before sounding off in the comments, the 13.6 million audience tally for GoT cited in the chart is not a typo. As noted above, the show is averaging around 5 million viewers for its 9 p.m. Sunday play on HBO. But like most HBO series — as well as a slew of other basic and pay cable shows — that first telecast reps just a small portion of the eventual audience for each episode. For example, the instant encore of GoT that airs at 11 p.m. Sunday can add more than a million more viewers to the tally. The number goes up by about another third when everyone who recorded the show on DVR finally plays it back. The countless repeats on HBO and its so-called "multiplex" channels (HBO2, HBO Latino) boost viewership by about 15 percent, while folks who watch an episode on demand add a similar amount to the final tally. Finally, those who like their GoT carnage on the streaming app HBO GO tack on another 6 percent. Add it all up, and GoT nearly triples its initial audience, ending up with the aforementioned 13.6 million total viewers. (And in case you were curious: The show's overall audience is 57 percent male and 43 percent female, according to HBO.)
  • Like 3

As expected the Red Wedding will likely go down as one of the biggest TV plot twists ever based on the reactions.

I remember reading the Game of Thrones Wiki and I clicked the Red Wedding to see what that was and the rest of the day I was like :(  :(  :(

Edited by Lordmandeep

Even though I know what happens next I think everyone is still a big blank over what exactly happens next episode. 

If you mean what I think you mean, we don't know for sure if it'll happen, but it's expected by most readers.

Should I click that spoiler tag? :thinking:

It's a minor spoiler that won't really have much effect other than shock value, so it depends on whether you want to wait for tomorrow night to see it. I imagine it would be in the first scene of the finale.

Just note it's a production still, so it'll probably look a bit different on-screen tomorrow night. Another leaked still showed Jaime, but it was from an angle that showed his actual right hand lying under an empty sleeve.

nahhh i think i'll wait to see the show , i've had enough of the visual for past 2 yrs now in my vivid imagination !

wonder if asoiaf books sales have gone up, sure lots are enraged now but maybe others are thinking if that happened what else could?