Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Such a fucking good episode... especially the last scene with Sansa, Lysa and Littlefinger. Sansa hitting Robin was just as pleasent as watching Tyrion hitting Joffrey. And of couse Petyr throwing Lysa to the hole was the cherry on the pie.Speaking of Pies, Hot Pie returns yay!!!Arya and the Hound is still one the best pairings on the showAnd boy, Jorah Mormont just can´t catch a break with Dany hahahahaI might dislike the Red Woman but any scene with her naked its a joy to behold B)And the Viper will fight the Mountain!!! That is going to so fucking epic.Its a shame that I have to wait two weeks for the next episode. That Damn Memorial Day :angry: 

Edited by Boxx93 of Winterfell

But I did not spoiled stuff from the book (witch I have not even read yet)

I just recaped stuff from tonights episode. The rules says thah we can talk about the episode once it airs on HBO but not from stuff from the book that did not happened yet witch, again..I did not.

IKR ^

we can discuss the ep 

its already aired

my new fashion queen Sir Bronn ! :rotfl: 

srsly highlight of the ep! :P 

& ugh Peter u again with your puppy eyes  :( stop that! & the talk with Oberyn is so close to the book wow! Great additional talk with jaime btw

I hoped they will mention Tysha

Now I'm back to worrying about D&D changing things up in ep 10 

regarding the killing of Shae/where do whores go thing

they showed the kiss wow! I was freaking out in fear they wont dare because of age diff!!

Sophie was absolutely stunning & the cliff with LF as awesome as I expected. the wait will be torture!

The new Mountain is so well cast!

Edited by Tauriel

IKR ^

we can discuss the ep 

its already aired

my new fashion queen Sir Bronn ! :rotfl: 

srsly highlight of the ep! :P 

& ugh Peter u again with your puppy eyes  :( stop that! & the talk with Oberyn is so close to the book wow! Great additional talk with jaime btw

I hoped they will mention Tysha

Now I'm back to worrying about D&D changing things up in ep 10 

regarding the killing of Shae/where do whores go thing

they showed the kiss wow! I was freaking out in fear they wont dare because of age diff!!

Sophie was absolutely stunning & the cliff with LF as awesome as I expected. the wait will be torture!

The new Mountain is so well cast!

The actress who plays Sansa isn't underage. 

Edited by tonytr87

I made the colossally stupid mistake of re-watching Oberyn's introduction scene on Youtube and then reading some of the comments where, of course, some asshole spoiled everyone regarding where his character goes in the future.  

With this newfound knowledge I must ask...

Do the bad guys really keep winning like this? I feel like GRRM just loves killing off likable characters such as Oberyn for shock value and no other reason.It just makes no sense narratively and thematically for Oberyn to die at the hands of Gregor.

I made the colossally stupid mistake of re-watching Oberyn's introduction scene on Youtube and then reading some of the comments where, of course, some asshole spoiled everyone regarding where his character goes in the future.  

Do the bad guys really keep winning like this? I feel like GRRM just loves killing off likable characters such as Oberyn for shock value and no other reason.It just makes no sense narratively and thematically for Oberyn to die at the hands of Gregor.

OBeryn wins though the mountain dies from his poison and his death causes dorne to rage making them angry at the crown and read to support whatever challenger appears

Don't read this one if you don't want big spoilers

This is an even bigger spoiler don't read if you dont want toThere is speculation that Oberyn poisoned Tywin because of the manner of his body after his death. Plus OBeryn's death causes Tyrion to be freed by Jamie leading to Tywin's actual death. In other words Oberyn gets his revenge one way or the other

Even though Oberyn loses the duel and dies, his poisoned sword infects The Mountain that eventually kills him painfully over a prolonged period. Hence Oberyn is able to get revenge for the rape and murder of his sister. Also, his death brings Dorne and the rest of House Martell (especially his niece Arianne and his bastard daughters known as the Sand Snakes) to step up their game against the Lannisters and King's Landing.

Sun's Son does it right. Basically GRRM pulls the classic narrative cliche of

The villain monologuing and taking his time after he's beaten the hero and therefore giving the hero time to evade the finishing blow and take out the villain, and he inverts it. Oberyn wins the fight but then his pride, arrogance, and obsession take over and he takes his time to finish off Gregor, which allows Gregor to recover and kill Oberyn.

As the others have said, even though Oberyn dies Gregor is mortally wounded by poison on Oberyn's weapons. This leads to a series of developments involving King's Landing that won't pay off until Book 6.

Also, as others have said, Oberyn's death kicks the story in Dorne into action. I won't say more about that because it's a bunch of major spoilers.

Sun's Son: It's a cool theory that I think could be true since we're deliberately not given enough information in Books 3/4 to know remotely if it is or is not true, but I think if it was true we'd have seen D&D lay some foundation for it by this point.

The actress who plays Sansa isn't underage. 

yeah yeah I know but I saw lots of ppl online questioning the possibility of them showing this due to the character being 13 & that it should matter more than Sophie's age

Anyway Im happy they all were BS worries  

re: upper villain/hero discussion

GRRM is known for trying to reverse/crush  tropes, expectations in writing so its totally makes sense for him to kill off good guys & make villains win

Hopefully everything will be alright at the end (not holding my breath tho) :huh:

btw I love Sanrion shippers

they always find parallels :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

It's not on for the next 2 weeks :(

I thought I saw the "in 2 weeks' thing.  I was hoping I was wrong but figured with Memorial Day, the would take off as usual

Edited by 75live