Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Yep. A fucking awesome episode. For the non-book viewers the song in the episode was "The Rains of Castamere". It is about-"The song immortalized the destruction of House Reyne by Tywin Lannister. House Reyne was obliterated after they rebelled against their liege lord, Tytos Lannister, who was perceived as weak by his own vassals. To restore Lannister dominance, Tytos' son, Tywin, marched against the upstart Lord Reyne. By the end of the rebellion, Castamere had been put to the torch and all members of House Reyne executed."Just a little bit of context for you.

So this is how I interpreted that episode, the Tyrells have teamed up with the Lannisters. The 2 richest families as a unit, the war is basically over.

Remember Littlefinger at Renly's camp talking to Margaery? And did any non-book readers realize what Loras was wearing or what horse he rode?

Considering the budget limitations, that was as close to perfect a Blackwater episode the show could have made.Some things of note:The Sandor/Sansa confrontation scene had some significant changes to it (mainly being substantially less creepy).No chain and the bottleneck of burning ships it creates, but the amount of CGI that would be needed for all that would be very expensive.I like that they kept the tone of the battle desperate, since in the book Stannis' army is on the brink of taking the gates and walls when Tywin and the Tyrells show up. And when that happens Stannis has no chance, since the Lannister/Tyrell army that arrives is something like 80-100,000 men, whereas Stannis begins the battle with 20-25,000 men.And of course the episode turned Stannis into a badass. First on the boat, first onshore, first on the ladders, has to be pulled away from the battle. EPIC STANNIS IS EPIC.

I don't even know what else to say. I loved every single thing about this episode. The epic explosion on the water... The dialogue was PERFECT... Everyone was perfect with extra credit going to Cersei, Sansa, and Tyrion.

The end with the little story by Cersei and views of impending doom and Tyrion dying is just beyond words..... And then......... BOOM! Doors blast open and in comes Lannister daddy. "The Battle is over... And we have won!" OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't... It's too much to handle!!!!!

*Rewinds and watches again*

Holy shit that was the best hour of television ever. What was the ending song? It was some guy singing instead of the the usual theme. OMG I'm shaking this was so awesome I can't even begin to describe it.

It's the same song Bronn was singing earlier in the episode. It's a Lannister song called "The Rains of Castamere." The version at the end was by a band called "The National." Can find it on Youtube, that band put it on their official account.It's a creepy foreshadowing to sn important event that will be late in Season 3.

• Community Manager

Yeah the show is epic...However I hope next Season we see some triumphs by Danyeras and the Starks...They suffered a lot...

I know. The Lannisters keep winning! :(And the only Lannister I like is injured!

After the focus fell entirely on Kings Landing in this episode the final will have a lot to cover. Daenerys and the House of the Undying, John Snow beyond the wall, Robb Stark, Bran and Rickon, the Greyjoys, Jamie and Brianne, and a little bit more from Kings Landing.