Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

I haven't had a problem with most of the changes they've made from the books, but I think some of the changes to Jon's story are going to cause problems later on. It seems like they just cut all the parts with Halfhand out, so I'm not sure how they are going to justify some of Jon' s upcoming decisions without really changing his character

Yeah, while I like the added interactions between Jon and Ygritte to give them more early development, I am unsure if this twist of Jon getting captured by Rattleshirt now would negatively impact Jon's decisions/actions at the end of Book 2.

Actually, I am expecting ...

that the wildlings have either already captured (or more likely WILL capture) the Halfhand, and that they will have Jon kill him as a test, but that Qhorin will give him a very telling look like "Do it. I know you have to, Jon."I think they want to make it that Jon himself figures out that he has to infiltrate the wildlings as opposed to the Halfhand giving him the idea. Because it makes Jon in the show seem stronger.

That's what I think, at least. I highly doubt they'd completely take that part away from Jon, as it would wayyyyy too drastically change his character. What a great, great, great, great episode. Rose Leslie as Ygritte is PERFECT. I was LAWL'ing at her making fun of Jon.All of the Jaime stuff was wonderful as were the Cersei scenes, both with Sansa and Tyrion. And again the Arya/Tywin scene was boss.

Pyat Pree is one creepy warlock! So the Thirtheen is now down to the Two, I guess it cuts down on the budget. :PThe Arya/Tywin scene was great to watch, Arya is so quick on her feet although you can tell Tywin is becoming more and more suspicious about her real background.And I 100% agree with Linus, Jamie killing Alton was

Really liked the episode, I think the Alton/Jaime scene went on a tad too long though. I loved all of Sansa and Cersei's scenes, Ygritte was hilarious, as was Jaime. It was damn cold he killed his cousin, guess that makes him a kinslayer and a kingslayer. I really wonder if Arya's going to use her third death wish on Tywin, I really really hope he doesn't die - he is one of my favourite characters from the books and Charles Dance is doing a fantastic job.

• Like 1

The actress who plays Arya is really terrific. As are all the kids. Kid actors used to really be a burden on shows. But the kids on GOT and then throw in the kids from Modern Family and the Middle, it's almost like a golden age. And I've also heard that the daughter on Mad Men is said to be fantastic.

i'm loving jon and ygritte scene !!!! they're fun too bad he's sworn an oath to defend the wall... :rolleyes:arya and tywin scene give me chills! i was like no don't eat the food i felt he was trying to distract her in order to confound her which he kinda did! there's always a certain tension there..i swear i cannot stand that chick doe eyes to robb i wish she'd fall in a hole and leave him alone! actor who plays robb has such pretty eyes it hurts to think about the dumb thing he's about to do urghh! <_<i too thought jaime & cousin scene ran long but then he killed him and i was speechless :o was happy to see jaime and brienne of tarth meet!things should def spice up in quarth soon ;)

Just remembered something. With The Dictator starting this week I recalled that Charles Dance played a similar character to Tywin in Ali G Indahouse. However, played a bit more for laughs in that movie.

• Community Manager

^ Has Downton Abbey even aired in the US? :P

Season 1 has. Season 2 is either currently airing or it just did. I'll see it when Hulu Plus/Netflix gets it. It's currently PBS' number one program.

Some info about casting for Season 3:

Casting is well under way for season 3 of HBO’s Game of Thrones, and though rumors and whispers are running around about which roles are being sought—we can pretty reliably say that Daario Naharis, Shireen Baratheon, and Edmure Tully are among roles being sought, that Brynden Tully (aka the Blackfish) also seems likely from details we’ve picked up from a recent (now vanished) audition video, and of course significant roles for this season such as Mance Rayder are also being sought, while it certainly sounds from the show that the character of Ramsay Snow is going to be needed.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/Casting_Continues_and_Extras_Sought/

Not much to really say about it this week. Every scene felt like build up to something bigger, but The Dinklage especially killed it this week. The next episode looks totally epic though.

Edited by CoolioD1