Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Holy crap was that great. Daenerys again gets a cool moment in the finale. And those baby dragons might be the cutest thing ever. I thought it was a very emotional episode too. And the ending, fuck me was that epic.

Good episode. Very good episode. A lot of things I didn't understand though. I'll start off with the ending since that's still fresh in my mind. Those zombie things are white walkers? And they are all marching towards the wall?I like how Daenerys got her dragons back, but I don't really get why the freakin bald guy died so fast. Surely he could have just dodged the fire? After all the build up towards he house of the undying, that was pretty lame.Imp got the shaft! Why??

Got the shaft as in no long the hand of the king? Or something else? If the former the only reason he was ever in the position was because Tywon trusted Tyrion enough to be the hand until Tywons return from battle.

Holy Shit! Awesome episode. The burning of Winterfell left me confused. They were surrendering and handing Theon over so why did the bastard and his 500 men burn down the castle? Doesn't make sense.Things beyond the wall make a hell of alot more sense now, the wildlings are basically trying to escape the north. Why have the white walkers made there return now? What are there aims?Epic scene with the whitewalkers at the end, very scary. Daenerys getting her dragons back pleased me, once those dragons are grown they should be able to eliminate whitewalkers easily.The seen with Arya and the guy from Bravos was weird. What the hell was the change of face scene? How do other people from there contact each other by coin and saying that phrase?Scene with Jofferey was epic. Tyrell and Lanister powerhouse in full force.

Does everyone who dies beyond the wall become a whitewalker?

No. They become wights. The wights were the walking zombie like creatures whereas the White Walkers were the supernatural looking creatures on the dead horses. There's was only a couple of them in the scene.

Why is it specific to people dying beyong the wall? I noticed all the wights were either night watch men or wildlings.

The wall isn't just a physical wall.I don't think that's saying to much. Edited by DeeCee

The burning of Winterfell left me confused. They were surrendering and handing Theon over so why did the bastard and his 500 men burn down the castle? Doesn't make sense.

Exactly. Think about that.

Why have the white walkers made there return now? What are there aims?

We don't really know why they are returning now. Probably to do with the fact that a very long Winter is on its way. It was 8,000 years ago that they were last seen, and at that time there was a Winter that lasted an entire generation and a "Long Night."

Winters in Westeros usually last just as long or longer than the Summers that preceded it, and the Summer that is on it's way out now has lasted a good 17+ years.

The history of the "Others" (they are called The Others in the books) from a Wiki of Ice & Fire (not really spoilers, but so long that I put it in a spoiler tag):

According to legend, the

Others first appeared approximately eight thousand years ago out of the uttermost north. At this time peace reigned in Westeros thanks to the Pact between the Children of the Forest and the First Men, and they were unprepared for the scale of the invasion. The Others' arrival was preceded by a winter that lasted a generation and a period of darkness known as the Long Night, although it is unclear if this was a literal period of darkness lasting years or merely an artistic term.

The Others overran much of Westeros and proved to be almost unbeatable in combat, able to resurrect fallen enemies and even dead animals as wights to serve them as utterly loyal foot soldiers. The First Men and their allies were pushed back over a long and gruelling war.

Salvation only came with the discovery that obsidian, also called 'dragonglass', could slay the Others, and with the arrival of a mighty hero to lead the war. This hero is known in the east as Azhor Azhai and was said to wield a sword of fire, called Lightbringer. In the War for the Dawn Azhai led the crusade that turned back the Others and saw them banished from Westeros and back into the uttermost north. After the war was concluded, Brandon Stark built a huge wall of ice to prevent the Others coming south again and founded the Sworn Brotherhood of the Night's Watch to keep guard against this eventuality. Brandon also established the castle of Winterfell and became the first King in the North.

The children of the forest placed spells within the Wall which were said to prevent the Others from passing under or over it by any means. After the War for the Dawn was concluded, the already small numbers of children slowly declined until they had all disappeared around the time of the Andal invasion.

Over time, the threat of the Others receded and they came to be regarded as either just legends, or a real race long since rendered extinct. However, the Night's Watch remained in place, although it now considered its job to be stopping the wildlings from crossing into the Seven Kingdoms and causing mayhem there.

--------------

According to Melisandre, they are the servants of a deity called the Great Other, the god of darkness, ice and death who is locked in eternal warfare with R'hollor, the god of light, fire and life.

Remember that Melisandre thinks that Stannis is Azhor Azhai reborn, and that his sword is Lightbringer.

The seen with Arya and the guy from Bravos was weird. What the hell was the change of face scene? How do other people from there contact each other by coin and saying that phrase?

Jaqen (or whatever his name actually is) is a Faceless Man of Braavos. They are an elite group of assassins who use magic to assist in their duties. Including changing their appearance.

They don't contact each other through the coins. He told Arya, if she ever needed to find him again, to give that coin to any person from Braavos and say that phrase to them. The Braavosi would know what to do and would help Arya be where she needed to be.