Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

What I have regretted a lot, is reading all those leaked episodes. I am the most impatient person of all time so there was no other way, but it has really spoiled it for me. I have enyed the season a lot but it would have been ×10 better had it had any suspense. I hope next season will be safer 'cause I won't be able to resist the temptation.

• Like 1

I'm a spoiler person and they don't ruin the enjoyment or surprise for me cause they tend to be rather dry and out of context. There's lot more to find when you actually watch the whole thing. In fact, I'm often pleasantly surprised that the spoiler, including gifs and clips didn't get the point across unlike the episode/movie. 

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm a spoiler person and they don't ruin the enjoyment or surprise for me cause they tend to be rather dry and out of context. There's lot more to find when you actually watch the whole thing. In fact, I'm often pleasantly surprised that the spoiler, including gifs and clips didn't get the point across unlike the episode/movie. 

Well I m am a spoiler person too and starting Game of Thrones, I already knew that Ned would die, Red Wedding will happen and a lot of other things. Of cource I didnt mind then and I enjoyed everything but when I cought up with the season that was airing and I watched without spoilers I loved it way more. Of cource there will always be a bunch of things to find out but it is not the same.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well I m am a spoiler person too and starting Game of Thrones, I already knew that Ned would die, Red Wedding will happen and a lot of other things. Of cource I didnt mind then and I enjoyed everything but when I cought up with the season that was airing and I watched without spoilers I loved it way more. Of cource there will always be a bunch of things to find out but it is not the same.

I also think that when fans talk and theorize a lot about something that has good foundation in narrative, that stops being a spoiler. You can predict the outcome just from what came before. So, in a way, we are all spoiled. it's just that confirmed stuff is considered a spoiler. But otherwise, fans who are really into the show have more than a vague idea where many things are going.

Was rewatching GoT, another different experience.

season 1- OH MAN! FEELS!! great season. Great acting by child actors. I think this is the truest season to the books. How that first episode gets you in and then every next episode never allow you to left it. Not a single weak episode. Still flawed with useless nudity here and there. But still the second most compact season. In a good way. 

season 2- weak season. One of the bigger butterflies was created in this season by changing many things from books. But many characters developed in a good way in this season. Still a good season but among greatest, looks super weak. Arya's arc is awesome though.

season 3- Starts weak, but grows strong as it goes on and ends on one of the highest peak of this show. Many of my favorite episodes are from this season. Kissed by fire is so good. Jaime becomes one of the best fictional character in this episode. Jon becomes somewhat compelling. Unlike book, not knowing his inner thoughts make his character little dull. And then one of the biggest event in drama television history happened. It still gives feels. Arya's arc is awesome.

Butterflies become big in this season with robb's love interest change. 

Season 4- David and dan had never been better. Among the best season of any television show ever. The changes from the books become huge with whole characters getting deleted, tyrion story about his first love not getting mention during his escape takes a lot from both characters, tyrion and jaime. This is where jaime character starts becoming dull as fuck. A good foundation is completely ruined.

But these problems are realised in later seasons. This season is highly compact with Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage stealing the show. So does pedro pascal. Still the best premier of any season, best second episode of any season. 3rd, 4th and 5th episode develops story in great way. Best 6th episode of any season. 7th episode gives us hope and littlefinger. Littlefinger becomes even more better and dangerous character in this season. Arya becomes one of the best character along side hound with another great season for her.

That 8th episode, so frustrating in a good way. Top 2 8th episode of this show. 9th was weak, but made jon a more compelling character. 10th should have ended with tyrion's escape. But a great episode nonetheless. Great season.

Season 5- This season starts strong. Dorne is bad, but not well spoiling bad. Jon's storyline becomes one of the best. And then it starts to break. Weak episode after weak episode after weak episode. Butterflies have become balerion the dread in this season. I for one liked sansa storyline and understood why D&D did it but it started super bad. If I have not read the books, I might have been Ok with stannis arc but I have read the books. That whole arc was trash. But not as trash as dorne. 

And then hardhome happened. One of the top 3 episodes of whole show. Seriously bizzare. A weak as fuck season. A battle not in books. 7th episode was one of the better episode of the season but still not enough to bring the show on track. Yet Hardhome from start to finish gives a excellent episode. Every dialogue and conversation is good. Events are unfolding naturally. And that awesome battle. When GoT became bigger than TV. A $20m for 10 minutes battle. This introduced us to Miguel Sapochnik.

Not much of a fan of 9th episode. Felt super weak. So much plot holes in this episode.

I have already told my feelings for stannis arc. Other than that 10th episode deserved it's emmy. Great episode with last true to books episode. Atonement scene made cersie a great charater. Battle of stannis atleat gave us a good sansa escape scene. And then another event, another shock was given to us. Which was made bigger by the fact that show has caught up to books. We didn't know for sure that whether  jon will come back or not. Arya's storyline was boring.

Trash season other than 1 episode.

Season 6- Will jon come back? Q all over social media. This season started better than season 5 but still super weak. Dorne storyline was ended for good. Jon's comeback felt as a utility rather than big event. Plot holes upon plot holes. First 4 episodes are some of the weakest of whole show.

Hold the door

Hold the door

Ho the door

Hotheor

Hodor

One of best episode of whole show. An episode with complicated time travel. You would expect this episode to be filled with plot holes seeing the previous track record. But Jack Bender kills it. Still sucks we didn't get books three eyed raven. Book readers were first time spoiled with something big this episode. Who created white walkers and hodor's death. Only scene when I cried. Also the uselessness of direwolves became apparent this episode.

And then back to weak episodes with next three. Arya's storyline and arc, both were super trash this season. I loved tower of joy sword fight though. Such a weak season. Would have been in my bottom half. But in two episodes, D&D changed the game.

On paper, BoB sounds weak. A good vs bad battle, protganist struggles, on the brink of death and an another army comes on last moment and saves the day. But my boy miguel directed the shit out of these episode. May be the first instance of visual spectatle making me forget everything else in this show. 

Winds of Winter, my top episode of this show. From wrapping up plot points to changing course of characters, this episode does everything perfect. Strongest opening ever. With one scene whole game changed. Also props to ramin for providing great music to this show.

Rankings-

• Like 3

The seasons actually flow really well watching them back to back.  The only slightly jarring part was when you'd watch a climatic finale and then go back to a slowburn episode 1 in a few cases (yet in Season 4's case it flowed out of season 3 really well).

Season 4 has the best narrative arcs and dramatic material, Season 6 might be the most fun/satisfying.

Edited by El Panda Machos
  • Like 4

I haven't rewatched the series, because I am too lazy to do that, but from what I can remember Season 4 is definetely my favourite. Seasons 1,3 and 6 follow and then 2 and 5. I mean, season 5 ended on a high note but the first episodes were reallly boring.

Season 6 started a tad slow too but the last episode alone was enough for me!!!

So far for this one, I have good things to say. I am waiting for the last one but it will probably be a Top 3. Having 7 episodes helped avoid a lot of filler although the way things were moving was confusing. I was like wtf? is the whole Westeros half the US or what?? :P 

Can't complain though. Episodes 6 and 4 are in all time top 7 for me. 

• Like 1

It sucks that Arya's story arc completely fizzled at this point and they don't seem to know where to go with her, considering that she was never involved in the 2 main plotlines - WW and Who Gets the Throne. So, while a popular character, she's realistically speaking the most marginal one when it comes to impact among the main characters. Also, a badass scene, a badass speech, rinse repeat, without any real moving forward isn't cutting it. The character has become stale for minimum 2 seasons, but Maisie is so damn likable and that makes her scenes watchable. But even other characters with stale arcs are better served by default of being in storylines that matter (Tyrion and Davos come to mind). Did anyone really care for Bravos/House of B&W? Nah. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It sucks that Arya's story arc completely fizzled at this point and they don't seem to know where to go with her, considering that she was never involved in the 2 main plotlines - WW and Who Gets the Throne. So, while a popular character, she's realistically speaking the most marginal one when it comes to impact among the main characters. Also, a badass scene, a badass speech, rinse repeat, without any real moving forward isn't cutting it. The character has become stale for minimum 2 seasons, but Maisie is so damn likable and that makes her scenes watchable. But even other characters with stale arcs are better served by default of being in storylines that matter (Tyrion and Davos come to mind). 

Well yeah, I kinda feel the same. I generally get the impression that the whole thing has taken more than it should have. And it is difficult to evolve all the characters. Arya has fizzled a bit as you said, but I still fucking love how badass she is and I believe she is destined for something good. She will have to wait a bit though..

Edited by FantasticBeasts

6 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well yeah, I kinda feel the same. I generally get the impression that the whole thing has taken more than it should have. And it is difficult to evolve all the characters. Arya has fizzled a bit as you said, but I still fucking love how badass she is and I believe she is destined for something good. She will have to wait a bit though..

I've no doubt about that. She just has to become a part of one or the other main story (WW or Throne). cause everything that in't those plots is a major drag (see Sand Snakes). Like, right now, I'm not amused by Sansa's "I'm the lady of Winterfell!"/Her minions:"But we want KitN!" back and forth. It's too far removed from stories I care about (WW, Dany's arrival to Westeros, Dany vs Cersei, Jonerys).

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I've no doubt about that. She just has to become a part of one or the other main story (WW or Throne). cause everything that in't those plots is a major drag (see Sand Snakes). Like, right now, I'm not amused by Sansa's "I'm the lady of Winterfell!"/Her minions:"But we want KitN!" back and forth. It's too far removed from stories I care about (WW, Dany's arrival to Westeros, Dany vs Cersei, Jonerys).

I just wanted to ask; am I the only one who fucking hates Sansa? The more I think about her, the more I hate her. She was awful for the first 5 seasons, then she started evolving a bit but she still remains a weak bitch to my eyes. She is sooo horrible that they must be keeping her for a thing and lately I am afraid seeing some of the theories...

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

I just wanted to ask; am I the only one who fucking hates Sansa? The more I think about her, the more I hate her. She was awful for the first 5 seasons, then she started evolving a bit but she still remains a weak bitch to my eyes. She is sooo horrible that they must be keeping her for a thing and lately I am afraid seeing some of the theories...

I'm indifferent. never been one of more engaging characters. I know she's widely popular on some forums that want her to be the Queen of 7 Kingdoms. But the same people also thought Joy was going to sweep major awards. :rofl:

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm indifferent. never been one of more engaging characters. I know she's widely popular on some forums that want her to be the Queen of 7 Kingdoms. But the same people also thought Joy was going to sweep major awards. :rofl:

:P

Well I think that her main fanbase comes from some teenage girls that could relate to the dream of "being a princess with a ken doll as a partner". Other than that, I don't get why you may like her. She was always the "good girl". She was neither smart nor brave, she loved Joffrey,she didn't like Arya and John. Fuck! And even now, the only thing she is doing is trying to undermine John. WHY ISN'T SHE DEAD ALREADY?

OH MY GOSH!

I just read a theory and it make sure perfect sense, it blows my mind a bit, definitely something GRRM would plausibly write

The theory is that (no actual spoilers, but it's a pretty "Holy Crap" theory if it turns out to be true, which is looking really likely rn.  It felt like when I read the R + L = J theory)  I also added a few of my own thoughts but it's mostly from a few Reddit users.

Bran Stark is actually the Night King and is responsible for a few of the major events in the show.

1. Bran's already on the path of losing his humanity.  You've seen it through each season, especially this one.

2. The Night King has had ample opportunity to actually kill Bran, he also seems to notice Bran in all of the instances that Bran has spied on him in visions and warging into the Ravens.

3. Bran might decide later towards the finale that the only way to stop the Night King is travel, or "fly", through time.  He'd be the one trying to get Aerys Targaryen to prepare and end up making him mad (Burn them all), he'd build the wall as "Bran the Builder" and invent the "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell" phrase to prepare, and finally he'd go back to The Night King's creation and try to kill off the Children of the Forest in order to stop it.  However in doing so he'd end up warging into the man they're turning back in one of his visions from season 6, as way to kill the Children but he travels to far back and becomes stuck (think of the line the Three Eyed Raven told Bran, "It is beautiful beneath the sea, swim to far and you'll drown.").  Thus, being warged into the guy when he's being turned into the first White Walker.

The other Three Eyed Raven had told Bran that the ink is dry, so Bran will continually be trying to rewrite history only to learn that he is only fulfilling it.  With all of his attempts to stop the Night King he eventually becomes him.

Also think back to the vision where the Night King.  Bran wakes up lying in the exact position as the man in the cave.  Bran also says, "It was you.  You created them."  And then the Children says, "We were protecting ourselves."  Bran says, "From whom?" And the child says, "From you."  She's not being symbolic, she's literally saying it was Bran who led the First Men in an attempt to kill the Children, to stop them from creating the Night King, however in doing so he only fills the circle.  Proving the ink is dry, and that the past was already written, he cant change it.

4. The New Night King's actor has a face that is strikingly young looking, it looks really similar in its structure to Bran's face.

5. In the book's there's foreshadowing from Old Nan's story that the original Night King's name was Bran.  Something like "Some say he was a Stark named Brandon.  Maybe he even slept in this very room."

6. Another interesting tidbit is when in Season 1 the assassination was with a Valyrian Steel Dagger, one of the only weapons that can kill the Night King.

So in the end, Bran isn't just the key to defeating the Dead, he is the Army of the Dead.

Edited by El Panda Machos