Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

I actually like that Bran theory. I think they wouldn't have shown that he CAN change the past if it wasn't going to come into play in some way, tbh. They could easily have just shown his flashback abilities without confirming that, but they did. I think there's a big reason for it. Also, Bran has been to pretty much everyone the most boring and useless character since he fell off the tower in the first fucking episode. But we've followed him around for years. He's also the first true POV character in the books. So, I feel like he has some large purpose to the story other than a convenient vehicle for flashbacks.

And before someone chimes in "he does in the books, but D and D are stupid!!', he's even more boring in books 3 to 5 than he ever is in the show. This goes for every single character in books four and five.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I actually like that Bran theory. I think they wouldn't have shown that he CAN change the past if it wasn't going to come into play in some way, tbh. They could easily have just shown his flashback abilities without confirming that, but they did. I think there's a big reason for it. Also, Bran has been to pretty much everyone the most boring and useless character since he fell off the tower in the first fucking episode. But we've followed him around for years. He's also the first true POV character in the books. So, I feel like he has some large purpose to the story other than a convenient vehicle for flashbacks.

And before someone chimes in "he does in the books, but D and D are stupid!!', he's even more boring in books 3 to 5 than he ever is in the show. This goes for every single character in books four and five.

I also don't buy the "But the Night King isn't a character in the books!"

GRRM dances around Night King questions in interviews, there's really nothing definitive he's said about it.  There also hasn't been a moment in the books yet to really introduce his character, like Hardhome was in the show.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I actually like that Bran theory. I think they wouldn't have shown that he CAN change the past if it wasn't going to come into play in some way, tbh. They could easily have just shown his flashback abilities without confirming that, but they did. I think there's a big reason for it.

What I got from his scenes last season is that he CAN'T change the past. The Hold the Door scene and the Tower of Joy scene where young Ned turns back because he heard the leafs/Bran's voice looked like closed time loops, Bran just fullfiled his role in the loop. Von Sydow even has that line about how you can't change what is written, the ink is dry or sth.

one thing I noticed about the Nights King is that he doesn't look nearly as good as he did back in S5 during the Hardhome attack as he does now in S6 and S7.

don't know if its because of they got a different actor or if they decided to adjust his look with the makeup, but S5 Night King was the best

Edited by Ozymandias

16 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

one thing I noticed about the Nights King is that he doesn't look nearly as good as he did back in S5 during the Hardhome attack as he does now in S6 and S7.

don't know if its because of they got a different actor or if they decided to adjust his look with the makeup, but S5 Night King was the best

I thought I was the only one who noticed! Yea, he looked alot more badass and monster-y in Hardhome. His face looks thinner and his scary features are less pronounced, he kinda looks like someone doing a Voldemort cosplay now. 

14 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I thought I was the only one who noticed! Yea, he looked alot more badass and monster-y in Hardhome. His face looks thinner and his scary features are less pronounced, he kinda looks like someone doing a Voldemort cosplay now. 

He looks a lot more like... Bran. 🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joel M said:

What I got from his scenes last season is that he CAN'T change the past. The Hold the Door scene and the Tower of Joy scene where young Ned turns back because he heard the leafs/Bran's voice looked like closed time loops, Bran just fullfiled his role in the loop. Von Sydow even has that line about how you can't change what is written, the ink is dry or sth.

It'd fit in with the theory as he'd only be fulfilling his loop, trying to change the past.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

you are right. It seems that he's played by a different guy cause I remember going "wait a minute, he doesn't look right" back in season 6. So what's the theory, that he started to look like Bran ever since he marked him? :lol:

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

you are right. It seems that he's played by a different guy cause I remember going "wait a minute, he doesn't look right" back in season 6. So what's the theory, that he started to look like Bran ever since he marked him? :lol:

Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Auxkw7b.png

He was the guy who killed Batman's parents in Batman Begins in s4,5. The last two seasons he is portayed by a slovak actor, I think from the Door onwards when we see him before they turn him to white walker in the flashback.

Edited by Joel M

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

@Joel M I think you are right about the new actor playing the Origin of NK in the Door and then NK. I must say I didn't like that explanation and didn't like Children of the Forest, glad they are destroyed. They felt so random. I preferred when we thought that WW were indigenous and super ancient, not just an experiment on a guinea pig  human. 

Edited by Valonqar

Another thematic tidbit of BS = NK

Bran's first scene is "He who passes the sentence must swing the sword." (And Jon telling him, "Don't look away, father will know if you do.")

Bran observes humanity on trial through his visions, he sees all of the horrible ways they treat and kill each other.  He passes the sentence and swings the sword by leading the dead south.

Edited by El Panda Machos