Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:
  Hide contents

Ok now that we know about Rheagar and Lyanna's wedding...who do you think has the best claim to the throne?Jon or Dany?

On the one hand,Jon is a legitimate Targaryen since his parents made it official and as Rheagar's offspring he is next in line.

Buuuut Rheagar died before

the Mad King so he never got to be named King.When that happened Viserys became next in line and the immwdiate succesor to the throne.So wouldn't a kid by Viserys have a better claim to the thrones that Rhegar's offspring.But all Viserys got was a golden crown.

Anyway,why a legitimate son of someone who never got named king would have a better claim than the actual daughter of the king? 

Spoiler

The fact that Rhaegar predeceased Aerys II and Jon was born after Rhaegar died is irrelevant. If Prince Charles dies before QE2 dies, that does not prevent his oldest son William from inheriting the throne when QE2 dies. The line of succession continues on. The only reason Viserys was the heir/claimant was because no one knew about Jon other than Ned Stark and presumably Howland Reed.

So it goes from Aerys to Rhaegar to Rhaegar's eldest son to the next son, then to Viserys, etc. Rhaegar's daughter and Dany are at the back of the line, because the show has established that the Iron Throne is inherited according to male preference primogeniture. Remember in Season 1 Septa Mordane told Sansa that if she only had daughters, Tommen would become King after Joffrey died, not her children with Joffrey.

In fact, if the show followed the books even more closely, than Dany is ineligible from the throne at all, due to the precedents established by the Dance of the Dragons and the succession to Baelor the Blessed a few decades later that made it so that women cannot inherit the Iron Throne at all.

So showwise it is unquestionable that Jon actually has the superior claim to the throne than Dany.

Here's my out of butt deathpool for next episode

That Horse in the Trailer 1/100

Nameless Whitewalker 1/10

Thoros of Myr 1/5

Beric Dondarrion 1/5

Jorah Mormont 1/1

Uncle Benjen 5/1

Tormund Giantsbane 10/1

Littlefinger 20/1

Viserion 20/1

Gendry 25/1

Rheagal 25/1

Edd 30/1

Sansa Stark 50/1

Drogon 50/1

Davos 50/1

The Hound 50/1

Jon Snow 75/1

Ghost 100/1

Daenerys 100/1

Arya Stark 100/1

Cersei Lannister 100/1

Jaime Lannister 100/1

Tyrion Lannister 100/1

Missandei 100/1

The Mountain 100/1

The Night King 100/1

Bran Stark 100/1

Edited by El Panda Machos

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Without spoiling anything, what's the word on Season 8 leaks? BS? Real? 

BS most probably.To begin with,it does not seem that the two leaks coincide.Other than that,apparently  the scipt has just been finished written by D&D like the day before yesterday and is being slowly distributed,probably to excutives first.Chances are that not even the actors have gotten their hands on the script yet.Hell they are  still working on other projects.

Remember that S7 leaks came out right before S7 finished shooting and was mostly coming from reports from set.S8 still has a long way to go before shooting commences.

8 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

Are we really gonna have to wait until 2019 for the final season? Can't they just premiere it in November next year and finish 2018 with a bang?

8 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Wait...what?

It could still be late 2018, nothing's been officially confirmed yet.

Wait, people think Emilia Clarke is a bad actress? They must be watching a totally different show than me. Just her facial range (her expressions, her glances...) alone can tell a story, and that to me represents stupendous skill. Yeah, Dany has some strong shades of grey as a character, but she's doing really well, I think.

Anyway, I really liked this episode. Jon/Drogon, Tyrion/Jaime and Davos/Gendry interactions were especially awesome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wait, people think Emilia Clarke is a bad actress? They must be watching a totally different show than me. Just her facial range (her expressions, her glances...) alone can tell a story, and that to me represents stupendous skill. Yeah, Dany has some strong shades of grey as a character, but she's doing really well, I think.

Anyway, I really liked this episode. Jon/Drogon, Tyrion/Jaime and Davos/Gendry interactions were especially awesome.

Yeah this season in partucular she is totally killing it!Easiky the MVP for me. She does not need words....she says it all with her eyes.And her "faith" monologue was terrific.Anyone who complains at this point i think has a beef with the character.Clarke is absolutely phenomenal.

Clarke's big blue eyes are so expressive! :wub: 

Thanks for answering my Season 8 question @TheDarkKnightOfSteel :)

OK, so, another question for everyone. Has this episode established that only a Targ can pet a dragon or? Cause what's up with Tyrion petting and unchaining dragons? I know that there's a Targyion theory but, IMO, there's no time to introduce another secret Targ plus it would be redundant. So what's the significance of Tyrion and dragons? They just felt that he wanted to free them? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

OK, so, another question for everyone. Has this episode established that only a Targ can pet a dragon or? Cause what's up with Tyrion petting and unchaining dragons? I know that there's a Targyion theory but, IMO, there's no time to introduce another secret Targ plus it would be redundant. So what's the significance of Tyrion and dragons? They just felt that he wanted to free them? 

Nothing is established really, it's def another proof of Jon being a Targaryen but Dany doesn't seem perplexed why Drogon let Jon pet him, she's like "Awww even the kids like him".

• Like 1