Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Thought so. People were just jumping to a conclusion about Targyrion for nothing. Though that's not nearly as bad as Meera Reed being Jon's twin cause curly black hair and that "Jon is Luke Skywalker" reference that was clearly about his parentage, not about his secret twin sister. :rofl:

I can't help but think that there is no chance for Daenerys to make it out alive when the series ends. I have a feeling we're going to see her become more and more ruthless and vindictive (although never quite fully mad) but she will still have enough good in her to make the ultimate sacrifice. 

Also...can someone please just fucking immortalise Cersei in the pantheon of the greatest fictional characters ever?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I can't help but think that there is no chance for Daenerys to make it out alive when the series ends. I have a feeling we're going to see her become more and more ruthless and vindictive (although never quite fully mad) but she will still have enough good in her to make the ultimate sacrifice. 

Also...can someone please just fucking immortalise Cersei in the pantheon of the greatest fictional characters ever?

Jon brings out her gentler side but she's yet to find out that he's the legal Targ. We don't know how she'll react. I honestly flip flop on those 2 constantly. Sometimes I'm, like, they'll get a happy ending and sometimes I'm, like, not a chance, it's GoT. 

Yeah, Cersei is great and that Lena Heady doesn't have the Emmy is a crime. 

@TheDarkKnightOfSteel That's a good theory coupled with Tyrion's and Jon's good intentions towards them. 

Edited by Valonqar

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Clarke's big blue eyes are so expressive! :wub: 

Thanks for answering my Season 8 question @TheDarkKnightOfSteel :)

OK, so, another question for everyone. Has this episode established that only a Targ can pet a dragon or? Cause what's up with Tyrion petting and unchaining dragons? I know that there's a Targyion theory but, IMO, there's no time to introduce another secret Targ plus it would be redundant. So what's the significance of Tyrion and dragons? They just felt that he wanted to free them? 

This is just me making scenarios in my mind but maybe the dragons are good with those Daenerys trusts...and before Jon we only had Tyrion (i think at the moment of when the Tyrion scene happenned Dany had exiled Jorah).Maybe they can sense Dany's feeling towards someone and they behave accordingly.It's not a Targaryen thing but a Daenerys thing.Think of it as a dog...a huge,fire breathing dog but more reckless and vicious.

45 minutes ago, Noctis said:

IDK Dany does seem like the character that writers usually use to five that emotional gut puch to the audience by having them sacrfise themselved for the greater good.

In a typical Hollywood movie/tv show it would go like..."Dany has lost control of her power and she is burning her enemies alive like nobody's bussiness and then she realises what she was doing and goes on and give up her life so the others can have a fighting chance."

That being said,this is GoT and "Typical" it's never the way you should think.For what is worth,Daenerys is still kind and when Jon is around she gets even more gentle.So far whatever she has done is nothing that any conquerer wouldn't do.And as the series draws to a close i don't think that the writers have any intention to spend time on the " Mad Queen" story arc for Daenerys.I mean basically the entire S8 will be about the war with the walkers and Dany won't turn on any human (maybe if someone crosses her but that would be understandable) during the great war.

Also,as now the writers of the show have full creative control and don't need to follow Martin's books they can easily go "fuck it" and give the show a happy ending.I don't think they are dropping all these hints for the Dany/Jon thing to end up at nothing.At least one important thing should/will happen for them before someone dies.

As for Cersei...a million times YES.For  7 seasons what she does is to basically only talk yet she has become one the greatest villains ever imo.She hasn't moved her finger(hell what is the last time we have seen her out of the palace?) yet her twisted mind has kneeled armies,eradicated families and led nations.What a boss.Tywin is nothing to her honestly.

Also, I could potentially see D&D having Cersei kill Dany in the finale.  Leaving a cliffhanger where there's dragons with no mother, a Dothraki horde with no Khal, Unsullied just chilling, Cersei on the throne, and White Walkers busting down the wall.

Edited by El Panda Machos

30 minutes ago, El Panda Machos said:

I saw on Instagram the company that provides the dogs did a back into action pic for both the Ghost dog and Nymeria dog.

That means Ghost has to show up chilling at some point.

I keep wondering what is so "expensive" about the Dire Wolves.   Why would they even need to use CGI?   They can't just film the dogs and put them in the scene?  That sounds way easier than constructing a CGI wolf.

12 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I keep wondering what is so "expensive" about the Dire Wolves.   Why would they even need to use CGI?   They can't just film the dogs and put them in the scene?  That sounds way easier than constructing a CGI wolf.

The difficulty is trying to increase their size so they're Dire Wolf size, and then making them look real.  It's harder to make a realistic looking animal that we can see in real life versus a realistic animal we've never actually seen (dragons) 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, El Panda Machos said:

The difficulty is trying to increase their size so they're Dire Wolf size, and then making them look real.  It's harder to make a realistic looking animal that we can see in real life versus a realistic animal we've never actually seen (dragons) 

Plus animating fur is a lot harder than scales and the like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Panda Machos said:

Also, I could potentially see D&D having Cersei kill Dany in the finale.  Leaving a cliffhanger where there's dragons with no mother, a Dothraki horde with no Khal, Unsullied just chilling, Cersei on the throne, and White Walkers busting down the wall.

I can't see Dany or Jon dying before the series finale. The show devoted to them 2 completely seperate stories to everything else for the first 3 seasons and then turned them into the lead characters that everyone else comes to join their storyline. Also the last episode dropped some serious hints that D&D are not ready to say goodbye to Cersei and we'll also have her in season 8 when most people assumed season 7=Cersei-Dany war season 8=humans vs ice zombies. After Eastwatch it feels like the conflicts will play somewhat simultaneously so D&D can have Cersei next year, which I think is a smart thing because human villains are always more compeling. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joel M said:

I can't see Dany or Jon dying before the series finale. The show devoted to them 2 completely seperate stories to everything else for the first 3 seasons and then turned them into the lead characters that everyone else comes to join their storyline. Also the last episode dropped some serious hints that D&D are not ready to say goodbye to Cersei and we'll also have her in season 8 when most people assumed season 7=Cersei-Dany war season 8=humans vs ice zombies. After Eastwatch it feels like the conflicts will play somewhat simultaneously so D&D can have Cersei next year, which I think is a smart thing because human villains are always more compeling. 

I could see the season with either Dany or Cersei dying, or neither dying.  I'm pretty certain both won't die at the end of the season though.

I also think Jon's safe until near the end, he hasn't completed his arc.

I think that Season 8 is going to be humans vs WW first and then Queen vs Queen or Throne Contender vs Throne Contender. Last episode is pretty much setting up the war on WW as the priority over the interest of individual kingdoms. So with that out of the way, humans can resume fighting over the Iron Throne. So we'll see.

That said, I hope they don't have some overly cynical ending. Some characters deserve a break and something nice happening to them. 

Edited by Valonqar

I was reading Reddit and I really hope this theory for the ending is right.  The assumption is that the Iron Throne is a large collection of Valyrian steel weapons merged together.

"

• NK takes KL's
  • Walks ominously towards the Iron Throne
  • Sits down and interlocks his hands in front of his face menacingly
  • Gets poked by a Iron Throne sword and explodes into a flurry of snow "

6 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

Game Of Thrones just got bigger this episode...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-aug-13-2017/

10.7 live million viewers. Biggest live audience ever for the series.

Even though Eastwatch wasn't as exciting as Spoils, it is sure to leave you hyped for the next episode.  The next episode could hit 11m