Vanilla

Early Friday Numbers. Croods-11, Olympus-10, Spring.Admission-2.5

It's a comedy, a low brow one at that. 

It's a renter.

That's not a judgement on it's quality. Comedies are renters. No great f/x, action scenes, cinematography etc, as a rule you shouldn't spend = money on a comedy. 

People seem to, which baffles me cause you don't lose any entertainment value on DVD. 

im glad I saw 21 jump street in theater. not rental. the crowd was awesome. I remember i couldnt even hear some of the jokes because people were laughing too much.

So I saw it twice.

Posted Image

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

People seem to, which baffles me cause you don't lose any entertainment value on DVD. 

Theaters provide a communal experience that can't be replicated at home. The jokes tend to be much funnier if you've got a bunch of people around you laughing at them.

• Like 3

If people see only CGI rich movies in theaters then they will only be getting CGI rich movies on DVD too. If movies don't make money (and a big part comes from theaters) then the studios will stop making them.

^^^

What don't you understand?

I don't walk onto a car lot and all 4-door sedans are the same? Honda or BMW, geez if they are all $10K I'll take the BMW

I don't walk into the store and all jeans are the same price? Wrangler, Levi or Tommy, they aren't all $25

I could go on, but do you get the point.

I realize they will never restructure the price point at the box office but it's screwed up.

I'd see more movies, like comedies and horror films, in theater if some differentiation of pricing were to occur. 

Edit: And of course I already see alot so....

I don't understand the inanity of your viewpoint, but if you wanna limit your theater experience to action flicks, you are free to do so. 

Theaters provide a communal experience that can't be replicated at home. The jokes tend to be much funnier if you've got a bunch of people around you laughing at them.

Precisely.

I actually find good, funny comedies to be among the best theatrical experiences, everything just seems funnier when you are in a ;packed theater where everyone is truly enjoying the comedy. I can't recall the last time I saw a comedy on tv or dvd at home where I laugh out loud, but it happens every year in the theater.

• Like 2

Can't help but feel disappointed for Croods. Would need huge Sat bump to just have expected weekend. Admission was the laughable bomb i thought it would be. Spring breakers did alright. Olympus was real winner of the weekend. 

Huge for Olympus. I am hoping for a 30M weekend.

Croods is a great animation. Lots of fun. I hope it has a huge jump today. I want 40M! Can't believe Lorax makes 70M so easily while something like the Croods struggles to hit 40M OW.

I love listening to Spill.com I usually download their podcast to my Zune and listen to those on my way to work and back since their so long. my  are League of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen and Remote Viewing

OMG You have a Zune. me too. I dont know many people who haves it.

*High Five*

• Like 1

I can definitely see a good jump on Saturday for The Croods. It has zero direct competition until Memorial Day, which is ironically another Fox animated film. I see great legs for it but not crazy How to Train Your Dragon legs.