baumer

Breaking Dawn does 30.25 mill at midnights!!!

The 30+ for Eclipse was never elaborated on. I think the 30.25 for BD is just so it can be number two of all time. Really, it doesn't matter. This is a gigantic number and it has no IMAX. That is pretty freaking insane.

Yeah no 3D or IMAX and it still gets a huge number. I have to agree it is pretty impressive.

Yes, really impressive number without IMAX and for a fall opening. I wouldn't be surprised if Summit fudged the number to get it over Eclipse, but either way, it's off to a good start considering it's almost a year and a half since the last film.

I still think it will land around $127-130 million, but so far its at least proving the hardcore fan base is as reliable as usual upfront. Let's see where the weekend goes.

I don't think there's a chance of it hitting $127m.

I still think it will land around $127-130 million, but so far its at least proving the hardcore fan base is as reliable as usual upfront. Let's see where the weekend goes.

Just out of curiosity, if the midnight number is the biggest yet, why would it fall below NM? I think it will do between 140-150. I'm just not sure why it would fall below 135?

Just out of curiosity, if the midnight number is the biggest yet, why would it fall below NM? I think it will do between 140-150. I'm just not sure why it would fall below 135?

Didn't Eclipse gross 30m midnight?