baumer

Breaking Dawn does 30.25 mill at midnights!!!

Noctis, could you write a little bigger next time? lol.

And if we are talking impact on sales, how much does opening on a summer Friday impact the sales in comparison to a fall Friday when teens are still in school?

I guess we'll never know, but a summer release wouldn't propel BD2 to $39m, would it? ;)

Well, so much for the "I don't see any hype this time" talk. This franchise has silenced the doom-n-gloomers before, and it will probably do it again. I am not entirely convinced that this will end up doing less than the previous film. I think this will do 325-330 domestic.

So DH1 made 39% of its OD from its midnight gross - BD1 should be slightly more frontloaded with about 40%, putting its opening day at 75M! And that should, unfortunately be enough to get this very close to 150M OW....2011 is one of the most impressive years as far as opening weekend go....

Why "unfortunately"?

Eh...i just feel that this number is slightly undeserving. But obviously there are people who disagree, so I'll leave it at that.Also, it's worth mentioning that ray Subers is a complete dick....they need to fire him from BOM!

• Founder / Operator

Eh...i just feel that this number is slightly undeserving. But obviously there are people who disagree, so I'll leave it at that.

Also, it's worth mentioning that ray Subers is a complete dick....they need to fire him from BOM!

Why so?

Eh...i just feel that this number is slightly undeserving. But obviously there are people who disagree, so I'll leave it at that.Also, it's worth mentioning that ray Subers is a complete dick....they need to fire him from BOM!

Why is hé a Dick?

You are some fanatic, aren't ya?

Exactly my point. :)So trying to compare BD1 or 2 to DH2 is pointless, IMO.BD2 is not going to be a summer release nor is it going to be in 3-D, (which should make Potter fans very relieved) ;)

No, no, no, use your head when you talk. Take away IMAX and 3D, the midnight number would be $39m-$40m. You make it sound like the 3D/IMAX added $10m, when it didn't.

Why so?

Well you have to admit that he does try to undermine Potter's success a fair bit. And he does publish these articles on the front page of BOM, so I wish he could be less bias....

In his latest article he says It wasn't quite enough to beat DH2's midnight gross though that movie had the advantage of being the final installment and had a 3D boost.

Why quite?? What's the point of adding quite? It makes it seem like it was actually close to DH2s record which is the furthest thing from the truth. Every accomplishment Potter has achieved, he try's to undermine with his word choice. And his previous article doesn't really need an explanation IMO, where he declares Twilight a more impressive movie franchise than Potter.

Guest TheGrappler

I think Ray is a fucking idiot, especially when it came to handling the forums.

Is it because this guy rightfully pointed out that Twilight's success is constantly undermined (usually by radical HP fans) despite how impressive it really is. Twilight makes the same amount as HP domestically despite selling far fewer books.quoting Subers"While on the topic of Harry Potter, it is worth briefly mentioning that the comparisons that are often drawn between the boy wizard series and Twilight actually serve to downplay Twilight's accomplishments a bit. The Potter series declined from its first to third entries, while Twilight has actually earned more with each new movie. The last entry, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, made $300.5 million domestically, which is more than five out of the eight Potter movies. Considering how many more copies were sold of the Harry Potter books (Deathly Hallows's initial run was 12 million books, while Breaking Dawn's was only for 3.7 million), Twilight is in many ways a more impressive movie phenomenon in the U.S. "of course this makes radical HP fans angry, since they don't like Twilight being talked about in a positive light in any way Edited by TheGrappler
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I have to say, he inflected a bit too much of his own opinion in that article this weekend (IMO). Stating that comparisons to Potter serve to downplay Twilight, followed by actually outright putting Twilight on a higher pedestal...he did exactly what he started out critiquing against.

Guest TheGrappler

and how the hell is pointing out that Potter has a 3D boost "undermining" its success? The fact that Twilight has made as much as it has is very impressive and the fact is many HP fans constantly try to put it down by finding ways to undermine its success. Don't dish it out if you can't take it

Edited by TheGrappler
  • Like 1