baumer

Breaking Dawn does 30.25 mill at midnights!!!

Following New Moon's trajectory:30.25 Midnights53.5 Friday48.7 Saturday32.0 Sunday164.5 OWFollowing New Moon's post-Midnight Numbers:30.25 Midnights46.4 Friday42.3 Saturday27.9 Sunday146.8 OWThe first scenario is impossible, and the second is near the high side

Edited by spizzer

That's a very good number.I think we look at an opening day as high as "New Moon" and a little more frontloadedness over the weekend for something like 138Mio.Since New Moons opening in 2009, there was Avatar and the digital boom. No way DH2 would have reached the number it did in july, if it opened back in 2009 so my guess is, that "Breaking Dawn" is going to be a little more frontloaded than "New Moon".

Edited by Poseidon

Nope, haven't seen this kind of demand before. If it did have IMAX it would have done about 33.

Um, no it wouldn't. DH2 made 2M from midnight and if those people were unable to see the film in that format they would have went to a normal theater and that 2M would have shrunk to something like 1.4-1.5M. The lack of IMAX brought this down by at most 0.5M....

Um, no it wouldn't. DH2 made 2M from midnight and if those people were unable to see the film in that format they would have went to a normal theater and that 2M would have shrunk to something like 1.4-1.5M. The lack of IMAX brought this down by at most 0.5M....

THIS. Dear God, people really don't know how little of an impact IMAX has on the gross of films.

THIS. Dear God, people really don't know how little of an impact IMAX has on the gross of films.

Oh for god sakes. Please explain to me how having IMAX would have added 3M to BD1's midnight gross? There's only somthing like 300 IMAX theaters across the USA and Canada it should be fairly obvious that these people would go see them film on a normal screen if IMAX wasn't available to themEdit: My apologies...I though you said people really don't know how much of an impact imax has on the gross of films. My bad lol Edited by Mr Potter

Oh for god sakes. Please explain to me how having IMAX would have added 3M to BD1's midnight gross? There's only somthing like 300 IMAX theaters across the USA and Canada it should be fairly obvious that these people would go see them film on a normal screen if IMAX wasn't available to themEdit: My apologies...I though you said people really don't know how much of an impact imax has on the grodd. My bad lol

LOOOOOL it's ok, bitchface.