baumer

Breaking Dawn does 30.25 mill at midnights!!!

• Founder / Operator

Just out of curiosity, if the midnight number is the biggest yet, why would it fall below NM? I think it will do between 140-150. I'm just not sure why it would fall below 135?

My own opinion is mostly out of conviction to my predictions. :lol:New Moon was the second film in the series whereas this is the fourth. I think there's as an equal argument for it performing like New Moon as there is for it having a larger fall-off after midnight/opening day. Which is to say, let's not count our chickens yet: anything from $120-150 million is on the table right now, I feel. I'm just standing by my prediction and going to the low end of that until it proves me wrong (as this series so frequently does). :P

Just out of curiosity, if the midnight number is the biggest yet, why would it fall below NM? I think it will do between 140-150. I'm just not sure why it would fall below 135?

I don't see it falling below $130m, unless it has an OD of $66m. If so, then there is no chance it'll exceed $135m.But, like I've told you already, I really can't see it opening below Eclipse's OD.

• Founder / Operator

Its an interesting dynamic. New Moon had the larger opening day, despite having lower midnights and no matinee show advantage (due to the time of year) where as Eclipse had the larger midnight (due to the time of year), but lower total opening day despite having a matinee advantage (as well as IMAX).So, we've already seen one film break the midnight record and still miss out on NM's total opening day...its entirely possible that could happen again. Or, it may not. It'll be fun finding out though. :)

Its an interesting dynamic. New Moon had the larger opening day, despite having lower midnights and no matinee show advantage (due to the time of year) where as Eclipse had the larger midnight (due to the time of year), but lower total opening day despite having a matinee advantage (as well as IMAX).So, we've already seen one film break the midnight record and still miss out on NM's total opening day...its entirely possible that could happen again. Or, it may not. It'll be fun finding out though. :)

It's like a rollercoaster ride with this franchise on the first 3-5 days.