CJohn

Friday Numbers DHD - Breaking Dawn 72M!

If you had to compare it to an HP movie, wouldn't DH1 be a better choice? (Artificial book-splitting/cliffhanger, part 1 of a two-part finale, holiday release, no 3D, etc....)

While I can see the reason for comparing the first movies as opposed to the final, I think most people are simply comparing BD1 to the current record which DH2 holds. With the exception of DH2, the Twilight movies have always made more than Harry Potter in their first day/weekend. Everyone already knows this. I think people are just contemplating the possibility of some sort of record.
  • Like 1

No one who knows what they're talking about thought it would. Why are people comparing this to DH2? It should be compared to the previous 3 twilight movies, and if you really want to compare it to a Harry Potter movie, then compare it to DH1.

I'm not comparing it. I was just wondering what DHII's non-3D opening would be. People are all about ticket sales and want to know if this was close to DHII which happens to be the most attended single day movie. Not trying to make this Potter vs. Twilight, so chill.

I hope they make Breaking Dawn Part II in 3D so it can break the opening day record.

It probably won't. New Moon, Eclipse, and BD1 have all been right around each other.Potter it's different: 44m - 58m - 61m - 91mTHEN AGAIN, I think I should just shut the fuck up since I've been dead wrong again with Twilight. Edited by Noctis

It probably won't. New Moon, Eclipse, and BD1 have all been right around each other.Potter it's different: 44m - 58m - 61m - 91mTHEN AGAIN, I think I should just shut the fuck up since I've been dead wrong again with Twilight.

Well if DH2 without 3D would have been 80m, and BD1 is looking to make 70-75m I don't see why it would be hard for BD2 to increase a bit. Plus ticket prices will be higher.

Potters gradual increase in OD #s is just a combination of films getting more front loaded as time goes on and the last two Potter movies being released on a Friday. With the exception of maybe DH1, all of the Potter films met or exceeded most of people's expectations with their openings.