MovieGuyKyle16

Arrested Development

Buster one was great.. 

lol the whole scene about drones made me ROFL.

Um there was no chicken dance....That I did not like. 

I was wanting to see George Michael's chicken dance, and I found it even funnier how they handled it.  

My thoughts:

I really wanted to like this, but I'm through 10 episodes and am honestly having a hard time finishing it.

It's major sin is that it focuses on one character each episode, and in all honesty, these characters are not interesting enough to carry a show/episode on their own.  What made the first three seasons so great is the fact that the family and characters worked so well off each other.  I understand everyone has a busy schedule, but I honestly would have preferred they did nothing rather than what they put out here.

Another major problem is the fact that the script is simply sub-par, and filled with convoluted plot-lines that seem to either meander or go nowhere.  It seems they try to tie things up at the end of each episode, but it doesn't really work.  It's just not that interesting and there's a lot going on with little to no payoff.

Finally, the time length of each episode is absolutely brutal.  I'm usually already bored after about 15 minutes in to each episode.  The episodes are so damn convoluted and overlong that watching one has become a chore.  

All in all, it just feels very forced and isn't like the first 3 seasons.  There are some decent episodes (Gob and Tobias) but I may just act like Season 4 never happened.....

Edited by mattmav45

My thoughts:

I really wanted to like this, but I'm through 10 episodes and am honestly having a hard time finishing it.

It's major sin is that it focuses on one character each episode, and in all honesty, these characters are not interesting enough to carry a show/episode on their own.  What made the first three seasons so great is the fact that the family and characters worked so well off each other.  I understand everyone has a busy schedule, but I honestly would have preferred they did nothing rather than what they put out here.

Another major problem is the fact that the script is simply sub-par, and filled with convoluted plot-lines that seem to either meander or go nowhere.  It seems they try to tie things up at the end of each episode, but it doesn't really work.  It's just not that interesting and there's a lot going on with little to no payoff.

Finally, the time length of each episode is absolutely brutal.  I'm usually already bored after about 15 minutes in to each episode.  The episodes are so damn convoluted and overlong that watching one has become a chore.  

All in all, it just feels very forced and isn't like the first 3 seasons.  There are some decent episodes (Gob and Tobias) but I may just act like Season 4 never happened.....

I found something to like in every episode and I enjoyed a lot of season 4 but there were some down stuff. Maybe and Busters episodes are the best 

I found this guy on Reddit who tried editing the episodes in chronological order. I think if they went for 22-25 minute episodes and ordered sequences by time instead of by character the pacing would've been better. We could still get Gob, Maeby and Buster-focused episodes/plot-threads, but then we would't have to see two George episodes and two Lindsay episodes. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager

I give this season a solid B, right about what I was expecting from this season. Obviously not as amazing as the first three seasons, but still good.

The ending is completely frustrating. Seriously? Another cliff-hanger ending? Gah.

Anyways this season's major problems have largely been talked about so I'll only mention the one that was more glaring to me: an over-reliance on the narrator.

Edited by Water Bottle in Darkness

I can't give this season anything more than a B, and that's on a good day. Good Lord, I'm still recovering from that first Lindsey episode. There were about 4 really good episodes and the rest is just ok. I don't know if I'll ever watch the season again, whereas I watch 1-3 over and over. I totally agree on too much reliance on voiceover.

• Like 1