MovieGuyKyle16

Arrested Development

• Community Manager

Yeah, the pilot is filled with a lot of information but what's great about Arrested Development is how the jokes evolved. They get introduced in one episode and you laugh because it's funny...but then the series will find ways to make the same joke again and it somehow becomes funnier each and every single time without it diminishing. It's basically a series that "built-up" it's comedy and I think part of the reason Arrested Development was canceled after three seasons is because honestly, it's a show that's meant for marathon-viewing in a way most comedies aren't since it's mostly a comedy of running gags building on top of each other.

I wouldn't expect Arrested Development to be like Community, ever. Arrested Development was hilarious but the character development was minimal and it lacked a heart. Which is fine: Arrested Development wasn't trying to be sweet or even comfortable. Expecting it to be like Community is expecting it to be something it doesn't even want to be.

• Like 1

I wasn't really totally sold on it initially until the third episode, Bringing Up Buster. His spouting off profanity and how they bleeped it out had me rolling. I was hooked after that. Then there was te sexual harassment speech from Gob.Goddamn I love this show.

• Community Manager

I got hooked on the second episode of Arrested Development. The pilot is a bit...tough to go through the first time around (I started watching the show like four times before I finished it) but it's the second episode that convinced me to keep going.

AD is so goddamn clever there are setups to jokes that don't even air for a few more episodes. You won't even catch them the first time you watch, but when you rewatch they're hilarious.

I keep forgetting how early they set up the Saddam stuff. It's first season when they start planting the seeds.