MovieGuyKyle16

Arrested Development

I wouldn't expect Arrested Development to be like Community, ever. Arrested Development was hilarious but the character development was minimal and it lacked a heart. Which is fine: Arrested Development wasn't trying to be sweet or even comfortable. Expecting it to be like Community is expecting it to be something it doesn't even want to be.

I didn't mean I expected AD to be like Community tone-wise (although it could be taken that way), but I did hope it would have more of its own personal atmosphere, and it's fairly plain on that part. Not that it'll continue being a problem for me if all the episodes are as funny as the second one. Tobias' audition and Gob throwing a letter into the ocean killed me.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

I didn't mean I expected AD to be like Community tone-wise (although it could be taken that way), but I did hope it would have more of its own personal atmosphere, and it's fairly plain on that part. Not that it'll continue being a problem for me if all the episodes are as funny as the second one. Tobias' audition and Gob throwing a letter into the ocean killed me.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but the series doesn't stay "as funny" as the second one. It gets "funnier".

Edited by Water Bottle
  • Like 3

• Community Manager

There is only one episode of what like 55(?) that I don't really like.  Every other episode is brilliant.

I don't know any other show that can boast that kind of consistency.  I don't think I ever will.

Have you ever seen Parks and Recreation? Season 2 all the way through season 4 only had like one or two duds. Season 1 sucked and season 5 is pretty amazing but there's a few episodes that aren't as good. Even so, the consistency level is pretty amazing.

For the record, that's like 60 episodes.

Just finished the 8th episode. That kinda awesome feeling when you're becoming addicted and there's no going back.

Yeah, it can get quite addicting once you get into it.

• Community Manager

The office is in the same boat.

Eh. The Office's first season wasn't bad. It was average that was constantly improving. It gets a C from me (on the same level as most Office episodes last season).

Parks and Recreation's first season gets a D- from me. The finale (while still bad) was enough of an improvement to convince me to come back for a second season.

Eh. The Office's first season wasn't bad. It was average that was constantly improving. It gets a C from me (on the same level as most Office episodes last season).Parks and Recreation's first season gets a D- from me. The finale (while still bad) was enough of an improvement to convince me to come back for a second season.

I meant the second season is a great improvement. The first season was ok.

Have you ever seen Parks and Recreation? Season 2 all the way through season 4 only had like one or two duds. Season 1 sucked and season 5 is pretty amazing but there's a few episodes that aren't as good. Even so, the consistency level is pretty amazing.

For the record, that's like 60 episodes.

Yeah, it can get quite addicting once you get into it.

Yeah, I was on the Parks and Rec train from the beginning.  It had a really good run with season 2 and 3 and most of 4.  But, at least in this humble narrator's opinion, Arrested Development still beats it out.  Maybe part of it was that it was cancelled before it ran out of steam.