MovieGuyKyle16

Arrested Development

Seems like they haven't missed a beat.

That my exact feeling. It's pretty crazy that after all this time, they can slip into those roles so easily. I laughed out loud more than a couple times in that tiny trailer. I can't believe they have actually done it.
  • Like 3

"I have lupus" killed me.

OMG, I know! The only thing that sucks about getting all 15 in day is that I'm going to watch all 15 in one day. There isn't a chance I'll be able to patiently go through them. So after all these years, the new season will be here and done in a day. Buuuuut, it's more Arreated Development. I'll try and tough it out :)

I didn't think the pilot was particularly hilarious (though every joke that was there landed well, and some landed brilliantly), but the way it managed to deliver so much information in so little time was pretty damn impressive, and there didn't seem to be a weak link in the cast. Even though I'd already known Bateman and Cera were playing father and son, gotta say, it was a somewhat surreal sight, after seeing them in so much stuff over the years (and the first movie I saw either of them in was actually Juno). One thing I'm undecided on is the mood - I always particularly appreciate good atmosphere in a film or a series, and the AD pilot looked pretty plain visually, not really here or there. Especially after Community, a sitcom that has an inherently sweet, inviting, comfortable, and quite simply its very own standing-out aesthetic, I wasn't too high on the way AD looked and felt. Alright, more of this and I'll really end up jumping to conclusions - I better go watch the next couple of episodes instead.