A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

If that poster is real, it's all they need right now.  Get the public to know that Pratt and JLaw are in a movie together.  That's all that needs to be said right now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

If that poster is real, it's all they need right now.  Get the public to know that Pratt and JLaw are in a movie together.  That's all that needs to be said right now.

Yeah, it's real. Is being put up in US cinemas.

1 minute ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

The same poster has been arriving to international distributors, and apparently,  those lights on Jennifer's face are not a reflection, they're on the poster. 

Keep you posted. 

Probably BS because

Plus, isn't the international poster the CinemaCon one but with the new logo? Think you posted a pic of the German version spotted in a cinema on Twitter

1 hour ago, JennaJ said:

The poster is fine, if a bit boring. I just don't get why they'd downgrade JLaw's image. The one they used in the previous poster was much better IMHO.

I agree, the other one was much better. She looks thinner in this latest one, doesn't she? maybe that has something to do with it...

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

This write-up from ScreenCrush basically says it all.

As we discussed last month  —  when Entertainment Weekly ran the first official photos from the movie  —  the film does seem to be getting a relatively late start on their marketing and promotion considering the size of the movie’s budget ($120 million) and the prestige of its two leads. While there were whispers that an ongoing legal battle with one of the film’s VFX companies was putting Sony in a tough spot, we do know that some early footage from the film was shown at the exhibitors convention Cinema Con back in April. For a movie being released in the days before a major holiday weekend, though, you’d think that Sony would want Passengers to be on the minds of all moviegoers starting… well, honestly, starting about three or four months ago.

And yeah, they also have that crappy pic of the poster with lines all over JLaw.

I get if there's a delay due to VFX and legal issue, I get if that's delaying the trailer to some degree. But why would you not send an official image of the poster to the media and let them run with such a bad version?

WTF is Sony even doing?

Edited by JennaJ

4 hours ago, JennaJ said:

The poster is fine, if a bit boring. I just don't get why they'd downgrade JLaw's image. The one they used in the previous poster was much better IMHO.

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I agree, the other one was much better. She looks thinner in this latest one, doesn't she? maybe that has something to do with it...

I forget if it was Korea or China, but the poster for Joy seemed to substitute someone else's body for hers.  I have no idea why. 

1 hour ago, JennaJ said:

This write-up from ScreenCrush basically says it all.

And yeah, they also have that crappy pic of the poster with lines all over JLaw.

I get if there's a delay due to VFX and legal issue, I get if that's delaying the trailer to some degree. But why would you not send an official image of the poster to the media and let them run with such a bad version?

WTF is Sony even doing?

The first time I saw the picture with the lines was on a tweet saying the tweeter had taken the picture of the poster at their theater.  I assumed the lines were reflection.

As for the footage being shown at CinemaCon etc, the reviewers mentioned that the VFX wasn't yet complete, the same in the rumored screening late in the spring.  And Rothman said they were getting the trailer out as soon as the VFX was complete, so I'm pretty sure that was the hold up.