A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

12 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Maybe he's only boring with studio movies. The jury's still out. 

After Headhunters I was excited about what he was gonna do next and he was supposed to do a wildly ambitious sounding scifi movie called What Happened to Monday but then he left it when Weinstein money came along.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Maybe he's only boring with studio movies. The jury's still out. 

Well, I'm waiting. 

Jury's out indeed. Maybe this one will turn out better than it looks.

The alleged original script element creeps me out, but I like the leads well enough to retain the curiosity. Hopefully, they fixed/changed that aspect. 

All those things aside, I think it'll do well. Good release date, recognizable stars, and simple (potentially entertaining) story. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JennaJ said:

It also has 1.5m views on the official FB video right now, but both numbers are rising pretty quickly as far as I can tell.

4.2 m views on Jennifer's fb acc.

1.8 m views on passengersmovie fb acc

1.3 m views on officialpassengersmovie fb acc. 

Edited by A District 3 Engineer

There was some cringe in there fo sure.

Titanic like 'You jump I jump' cringe :ph34r:

But thought it was ok otherwise. Doesn't come close to Gravity and Interstellar trailers imo. JLaw is great as ever. Didn't feel Pratt much.

Pratt started out good with GOTG, then it seems to go downhill from there. JW role was...lol. Mag7 looks like he's back to his comfort zone in the charmer role, but then that movie look to have others who are more interesting. He seems off to me in this one, especially when compared to JLaw.

But well, he's likable and pretty to look at. That's good enough for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

4.2 m views on Jennifer's fb acc.

1.8 m views on passengersmovie fb acc

1.3 m views on officialpassengersmovie fb acc. 

+2.6m on the official YT now.

Passengersmovie FB up to 2m, Jen's FB 4.5m.

There are a ton of unofficial mirror videos though. I honestly don't know how they calculate every view something has when it can be viewed through so many different sources.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

+2.6m on the official YT now.

Passengersmovie FB up to 2m, Jen's FB 4.5m.

There are a ton of unofficial mirror videos though. I honestly don't know how they calculate every view something has when it can be viewed through so many different sources.

That's the point. When every "JoBlow" or whatever posts their own download, you can't count, and it is meaningless. 

And of course everyone on the Pratt side has to go elsewhere, since Mag7 promotion means he hasn't used social media for this, at all.

3 hours ago, Sam said:

Pratt started out good with GOTG, then it seems to go downhill from there. JW role was...lol. Mag7 looks like he's back to his comfort zone in the charmer role, but then that movie look to have others who are more interesting. He seems off to me in this one, especially when compared to JLaw.

But well, he's likable and pretty to look at. That's good enough for me. 

You want likable and pretty to look at in this movie?  He should be like this in the whole movie.

MV5BMTExNDU1Mzk2NjZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDg5