A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

wow, this thread turned into sadly what I thought it would when the reviews went south.  Geez, I had to put someone on ignore before because I couldn't take the constant "promo" stuff about nothing.  It's nothing against the person but I couldn't even read the thread when that was happening.  Now the "fans" are making it even worse.  

The reviews and stuff are out there.  It's real, get over it.  Watch the movie if you want, I'll probably still see it regardless of all the stuff.  But you can't have it both ways.  Why don't people get if you are extreme on one side (which is bad) , you are going to get the extreme on the other side to counter it (which is also bad).  It's just how it goes.

So now can we all play nice? :) 

75, I get what you're saying, but the fact is that there are a number of individuals on all forums who make a point of not playing nice. It's not as give-and-take as you make it out to be, and it falls on moderators to ban trolls who keep purposefully derailing discussions and starting fights. Personally, I don't like having to create an account for a site just so I can ignore one or two users and debunk nonsense in the hopes that it will stop being repeated and I don't have to put more people on ignore. This has nothing at all to do with the reviews. Everyone is free to say that they are happy to have been right about the movie ending up being bad. However, personal attacks on one of the stars are not only out of place, but uncalled for, and it's the kind of thing that has caused other movie forums to become impossible to be a part of.

26 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Arofonsky is dating Jlaw. That has to count for something. 

How dare you, hater? Are you trying to imply that she is dating a director to further her career? "Personal" attacks against pampered, entitled Hollywood brats are uncalled for, dude.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aftershocks said:

And now my ignore feature seems to not be working...

The best ignore feature is the one that is built-in in all of our brains. In other words, whenever someone "attacks" your favorite wealthy Hollywood-brat-who-could-care-less-about-your-or-my-opinion, you move on and ignore it.

Trust me, I have been there (I was also personally **offended** whenever anybody dared "insult" the DCEU or any of my faves), but I have learned to master my built-in ignore feature. 

It is an awesome feature.

14 minutes ago, misafeco said:

This is the Passengers  thread. 

I know that, and that I what I am talking about. My post was in regards to the critical trashing Passengers is getting and how there might be issues in Jlaw's recent public outings that may be of concern to her handlers as potential box office deterrents for the film. I still think her PR people will certainly ask her to watch her mouth in regards to anything that may be perceived as "controversial" or that could alienate any segment of the ticket-buying public. At this moment, her box office clout will be tested because this film is not a franchise and has only one other star in its cast who is also unproven beyond brand-name franchises. If Jlaw stans take that kind of talk as "personal" attacks, that's their business, not mine. 

Edited by Cochofles

1 hour ago, 75live said:

wow, this thread turned into sadly what I thought it would when the reviews went south.  Geez, I had to put someone on ignore before because I couldn't take the constant "promo" stuff about nothing.  It's nothing against the person but I couldn't even read the thread when that was happening.  Now the "fans" are making it even worse.  

I agree. @trifle can you please stop posting every single solitary thing about this movie? It's making some pages difficult to scroll.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I agree. @trifle can you please stop posting every single solitary thing about this movie? It's making some pages difficult to scroll.

It's kind of annoying when you're on mobile and there are tons of twitter images on a page. The space after the messages always keeps growing and that makes clicking on anything a hard job.

28 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Interesting article:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/21/passengers-trailer-jennifer-lawrence-chris-pratt-titanic-avatar

Could Passengers be the next Avatar, or will it disappear into a black hole?

WTF? Nobody ever expected Passengers to be Next Gravity let alone Avatar. This is setting up for failure. 

BatB next year won't be Next Avatar and it has timeless, most iconic love story. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Moderation:

Yes, let me reiterate what Grim said. Cocho, you're basically trolling the thread at this point. Please stop.

Aren't you the one whose ancestors got defiled when JLaw scratched her ass on those sacred rocks? Put a curse on Cocho or something!